Ridding ourselves of occasions of sin by use of objects
Rex_Tremendae Wrote:Isn't that what you said about me as well? Luigi is the most Catholic person here.
[Image: afraidsmiley.gif]

PS: Luigi- I use thin blankets as well. And no pillow, and I sleep on a bamboo mat. ;)

Luigi demanded I justify my studying of language without any hint of any wrong doing as if I needed his approval and his assumption that I was doing it for improper reasons was very un-Catholic.

I sleep with course wool blankets, but I'm used to them and do not find them uncomfortable.

Rex_Tremendae Wrote:Luigi is a sede?

Yes. His profile states:

luigis profile Wrote:Religion: Catholic (sedevacantist, strict EENSist) 

But one of the prerequisites of being Catholic is being in communion with the Supreme Pontiff. I personally believe the two words "Catholic" and "sedevacantist" (while a Pope sits on the throne of Peter) are mutually exclusive.

:edited to add:

Hence why I said in another topic:

My serious thought for today: That a girl's ringlets are hellish cords is (however well founded) an opinion. That denial of the Vicar of Christ on earth is the road to perdition is a fact.

Quote:Originally Posted by Pope Boniface VIII, "Unam Sanctam"
Furthermore, we declare, we proclaim, we define that it is absolutely necessary for salvation that every human creature be subject to the Roman Pontiff.
No offense LaRoza, but I think studying languages for reasons not pertinent to the Faith is a waste of time as well.

I use the thin blankets you get on airplanes. It is freezing...below freezing every day, on a cold bamboo mat, with little warmth.

Rex_Tremendae Wrote:No offense LaRoza, but I think studying languages for reasons not pertinent to the Faith is a waste of time as well.
Yes, but do you think it is right to automatically think someone is doing it for the wrong reasons?

LaRoza Wrote:
Rex_Tremendae Wrote:No offense LaRoza, but I think studying languages for reasons not pertinent to the Faith is a waste of time as well.
Yes, but do you think it is right to automatically think someone is doing it for the wrong reasons?

No. I don't make assumptions.
The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
Rex_Tremendae Wrote:Luigi is a sede?

Yes. His profile states:

luigis profile Wrote:Religion: Catholic (sedevacantist, strict EENSist) 

But one of the prerequisites of being Catholic is being in communion with the Supreme Pontiff. I personally believe the two words "Catholic" and "sedevacantist" (while a Pope sits on the throne of Peter) are mutually exclusive.

:edited to add:

Hence why I said in another topic:

My serious thought for today: That a girl's ringlets are hellish cords is (however well founded) an opinion. That denial of the Vicar of Christ on earth is the road to perdition is a fact.

Quote:Originally Posted by Pope Boniface VIII, "Unam Sanctam"
Furthermore, we declare, we proclaim, we define that it is absolutely necessary for salvation that every human creature be subject to the Roman Pontiff.

Interesting data. I do not think it is appropriate to debate Sede ideals (against the rules anyway) but I did not know this.

luigi, please when posting on this forum only hold people to what the Catholic Church under the Pope (as defined on the forum rules page) teaches now. Your opinions and resources are valuable for reflection, but you should not hold others to them. You are not the Pope.
Rex_Tremendae Wrote:
LaRoza Wrote:

No. I don't make assumptions.

Good man :)

That is the point, I stated I do read other books and I do not think it is against the teachings. I did not say why I read those books or why I learn those subjects, but I was assumed to be doing it for a wrong reason and invited to justify myself as if I had to.
Studying languages could be used for virtuous acts, not only that.  Simply exercising your brain is a virtuous act in and of itself.  We can't spend 24/7 studying scripture and holy things.  Some can, but most will burn out.  This could be dangerous, and actually turn you from the faith, causing you to feel weary towards spiritual endeavors.
miss_fluffy Wrote:
QuisUtDeus Wrote:
miss_fluffy Wrote:I wonder if these examples you're showing of basket hats were worn simply to shade farm workers from the sun.

I wonder if you're going to come to the realization that Luigi is serious about this stuff that is way off to one extreme.
Even so, that's still no excuse for ad hominem attacks.  When people start posting haphazardly, criticizing luigi's posts, it starts to look like they're criticizing the saints.  And I find that distasteful.

I completely disagree with many things luigi has said, but I don't think it's right to resort to saying things like "what a load of poo-poo" like others have.
Another fault I have.... I really can't stand it when my post ends up at the bottom of a page on a fast growing thread.  I feel like no one reads it :(
LaRoza Wrote:Interesting data. I do not think it is appropriate to debate Sede ideals (against the rules anyway) but I did not know this.

I'm not debating about whether or not Benedict XVI, or Cardinal Siri, or "Pope Michael", or no one, is the Pope. I'm simply stating that sedevacantism, when there is in fact a Pope, is an act of schism which cuts one off from the Catholic Church. This is something that sedevacantists will agree with. It's just that they dispute the status of Peter's throne.

At least in my mind, saying a sedevacantist is the most Catholic person here is like saying Barack Obama would make a better Pope than Benedict XVI. Oh, wait....