Ridding ourselves of occasions of sin by use of objects
Rex_Tremendae Wrote:Isn't that what you said about me as well? Luigi is the most Catholic person here.

Sigh...

Quote:PS: Luigi- I use thin blankets as well. And no pillow, and I sleep on a bamboo mat. ;)

That doesn't make one a better Catholic.  The Pope sleeps on a normal bed, I bet.  If you want to do penance and mortification in that way, God bless you.  But it's not a sign of anything except that you and Luigi want to do penance and mortification by sleeping uncomfortably.
QuisUtDeus Wrote:
Rex_Tremendae Wrote:Isn't that what you said about me as well? Luigi is the most Catholic person here.

Sigh...

Quote:PS: Luigi- I use thin blankets as well. And no pillow, and I sleep on a bamboo mat. ;)

That doesn't make one a better Catholic.  The Pope sleeps on a normal bed, I bet.  If you want to do penance and mortification in that way, God bless you.  But it's not a sign of anything except that you and Luigi want to do penance and mortification by sleeping uncomfortably.

True, I wasn't implying anything.
Rex_Tremendae Wrote:Luigi is a sede?

And the "most Catholic person here", don't forget.
QuisUtDeus Wrote:

Ok, it was an exaggerated response to an accusation that luigi was more Mohammedan than Catholic. I was also accused of that numerous times on this forum.
Quote:Ok, it was an exaggerated response to an accusation that luigi was more Mohammedan than Catholic. I was also accused of that numerous times on this forum.

Well, yes. When one  proposes Muslim principles for Catholics, then that tends to happen.

If studying languages is a waste of time, how on earth do you justify dinking around on an internet forum?

You spend too much time sleeping Rex... using blankets and a mat? [Image: shameonyou.gif]

The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
LaRoza Wrote:Interesting data. I do not think it is appropriate to debate Sede ideals (against the rules anyway) but I did not know this.

I'm not debating about whether or not Benedict XVI, or Cardinal Siri, or "Pope Michael", or no one, is the Pope. I'm simply stating that sedevacantism, when there is in fact a Pope, is an act of schism which cuts one off from the Catholic Church. This is something that sedevacantists will agree with. It's just that they dispute the status of Peter's throne.

At least in my mind, saying a sedevacantist is the most Catholic person here is like saying Barack Obama would make a better Pope than Benedict XVI. Oh, wait....

I know, I was saying that because I was addressing what you posted but I didn't want it to lead to further discussion on Sedes.
Rex_Tremendae Wrote:
QuisUtDeus Wrote:

Ok, it was an exaggerated response to an accusation that luigi was more Mohammedan than Catholic. I was also accused of that numerous times on this forum.

If he isn't Catholic, then he is more Mohammedan than Catholic. Not being in the True Church is not being in the True Church.

A Wiccan, a Muslim, protestant and a sede are all the same.
The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
miss_fluffy Wrote:I wonder if these examples you're showing of basket hats were worn simply to shade farm workers from the sun.
In the 1700's, it was popular for Korean women to wear wigs, but this was banned by the Emperor in 1788, and small hats called jokduri were promoted instead.

[Image: 799px-Korean_headgear-Jokduri-01A.jpg]

Actually jokduri was only used in special occasions like weddings.

luigi Wrote:Actually jokduri was only used in special occasions like weddings.

That is a good thing. It looks silly. I'd rather burqa's than that.
miss_fluffy Wrote:Studying languages could be used for virtuous acts, not only that.

[Image: 200px-Giuseppe-Caspar-Mezzofanti.jpg]

H.E. Cardinal Mezzofanti was a reputed linguist and a hyperpolyglot in his day. He spoke an incredible number of thirty-eight languages and forty dialects, despite never traveling outside of Italy. He spoke at least twenty-eight languages perfectly.