Ridding ourselves of occasions of sin by use of objects
Quote:Your opinions and resources are valuable for reflection, but you should not hold others to them. You are not the Pope.

I never did, as you yourself has stated.
luigi Wrote:
Quote:Your opinions and resources are valuable for reflection, but you should not hold others to them. You are not the Pope.

You have recently done so.
Bonifacio Wrote:
miss_fluffy Wrote:Studying languages could be used for virtuous acts, not only that.

[Image: 200px-Giuseppe-Caspar-Mezzofanti.jpg]

H.E. Cardinal Mezzofanti was a reputed linguist and a hyperpolyglot in his day. He spoke an incredible number of thirty-eight languages and forty dialects, despite never traveling outside of Italy. He spoke at least twenty-eight languages perfectly.

Wow! I'm learning languages he didn't though :)
LaRoza Wrote:
luigi Wrote:

How?
luigi Wrote:
LaRoza Wrote:
luigi Wrote:

How?

By assuming my learning of languages was for an improper reason.
LaRoza Wrote:
Bonifacio Wrote:
miss_fluffy Wrote:Studying languages could be used for virtuous acts, not only that.

[Image: 200px-Giuseppe-Caspar-Mezzofanti.jpg]

H.E. Cardinal Mezzofanti was a reputed linguist and a hyperpolyglot in his day. He spoke an incredible number of thirty-eight languages and forty dialects, despite never traveling outside of Italy. He spoke at least twenty-eight languages perfectly.

Wow! I'm learning languages he didn't though :)

I also fancy learning languages myself but His Eminence was on an unreachable level for the most common of mortals like us.
luigi Wrote:Actually jokduri was only used in special occasions like weddings.

All hanbok fashion is now used only for weddings and other special occasions. It was not originally so. From a Korean cultural site:

Quote:The Jokduri was fashioned after a cap used by Mongolian women when they went outside the home. The Korean version became smaller than the original size and is used mostly as an accessory.
Bonifacio Wrote:I also fancy learning languages myself but His Eminence was on an unreachable level for the most common of mortals like us.

It is my goal to learn Hindi and Urdu very well, but I also plan on getting a firm grasp of Classical Latin, Classical Sanskrit and Classical Arabic. (I know a bit of German and Spanish, but I do not plan on studying them to the same depth as Hindi).

Hellenophile's don't even say it. I'm learning the classical languages and just because they don't tickle your fancy, tough.

Oh, come on, Greek is fun!
Anastasia Wrote:Oh, come on, Greek is fun!

I found a book on Biblical Greek in the store and I was reading through it and it seemed interesting, but I prefer Sanskrit.