Novus Ordo Confessionals
What is your opinions about the larger Novus Ordo confesssionals built so that you can sit directly across from the priest face-to-face? What is opinion on confessing in this manner?
Rex_Tremendae Wrote:What is your opinions about the larger Novus Ordo confesssionals built so that you can sit directly across from the priest face-to-face? What is opinion on confessing in this manner?

That really has nothing to do with the Pauline Mass. It has always been an option.

Many prefer it that way, some prefer a screen. Some do it in public. It is only a personal preference.
LaRoza Wrote:
Rex_Tremendae Wrote:What is your opinions about the larger Novus Ordo confesssionals built so that you can sit directly across from the priest face-to-face? What is opinion on confessing in this manner?

That really has nothing to do with the Pauline Mass. It has always been an option.

Many prefer it that way, some prefer a screen. Some do it in public. It is only a personal preference.

Really?
Rex_Tremendae Wrote:
LaRoza Wrote:

Really?

Sure.  People on their deathbeds don't roll in a screen for the priest to hear their last Confession, do they?

A well-known example: Padre Pio heard men's confessions face to face.
QuisUtDeus Wrote:
Rex_Tremendae Wrote:
LaRoza Wrote:

Really?

Sure.  People on their deathbeds don't roll in a screen for the priest to hear their last Confession, do they?

[Image: eyes.gif]

Well how many FSSPX chapels have this style confessionals? my FSSP has cramped confessionals that a large person would probably have trouble fitting in.
I understand that with or without screen, we should always be kneeling in sign of repentance when confessing our sins to the priest.
Bonifacio Wrote:I understand that with or without screen, we should always be kneeling in sign of repentance when confessing our sins to the priest.

As a boy our parish priest had open confession as "the default."

It was impossible to ask for a private one without revealing one's identity.

It was not a good practice.

Of course this priest also did group absolutions without hearing the confessions.

Telemaque Wrote:As a boy our parish priest had open confession as "the default."

It was impossible to ask for a private one without revealing one's identity.

It was not a good practice.

Of course this priest also did group absolutions without hearing the confessions.

Yes, closed confessionals with screen are the best in my opinion. As for the group absolutions of your parish priest, I'm afraid it was the Spirit of the Council at work.
Rex_Tremendae Wrote:
QuisUtDeus Wrote:
Rex_Tremendae Wrote:
LaRoza Wrote:

Really?

[Image: eyes.gif]

Well how many FSSPX chapels have this style confessionals? my FSSP has cramped confessionals that a large person would probably have trouble fitting in.

You're only in the confessional for a short time (er, hopefully) so a little cramping is just "extra penance".  ;)  Otherwise, one can make an appointment with the priest.  He will either hear it face to face, or sometimes they will use a curtain or something outside of the box.