Vatican buries the hatchet with Charles Darwin
voxpopulisuxx Wrote:Wow NIC you certainly do your homework.
While I don't spread it around much because I have plenty of controversial subjects already to argue about, I have held the geocentrist position since I came back to the church especially when I saw that mathematics nor science of any kind have disproven it. Also as you said since it is the theological position, I see no harm in holding it scientifically as the two are complementary of each other.
Thanks for your efforts

Nope, it was just copied from: http://www.scripturecatholic.com/geocentrism.html, to which I linked earlier.
kjvail Wrote:"Vatican buries the hatchet with Charles Darwin"

Kewl, did they dig up his head and plant it right between his eyes?
[Image: chainsaw2.gif]

heh heh... not bad, KJ...
LaRoza Wrote:
While I don't spread it around much because I have plenty of controversial subjects already to argue about, I have held the geocentrist position since I came back to the church especially when I saw that mathematics nor science of any kind have disproven it. Also as you said since it is the theological position, I see no harm in holding it scientifically as the two are complementary of each other.
Thanks for your efforts

Nope, it was just copied from: http://www.scripturecatholic.com/geocentrism.html, to which I linked earlier.
I didn't say he wrote it.....
voxpopulisuxx Wrote:
LaRoza Wrote:
Thanks for your efforts

Well, "certainly doing homework" means more than just copying the text from a page I linked to in this thread.
LaRoza Wrote:
voxpopulisuxx Wrote:
LaRoza Wrote:
Thanks for your efforts

Well, "certainly doing homework" means more than just copying the text from a page I linked to in this thread.

Now, now...don't get all sour - I didn't mean to "steal your thunder." [Image: fish.gif]

I have noticed that the majority of the time on forums such as these people are reluctant to follow links -- it is best to just post the information and let it be done. 

I may not have "wrote" this, and I did state in my post that it was from John Salza's site - BUT, I have done extensive research on this subject as well as the Biblical account of Creation (Creation Science) and several refutations of the false theories of both heliocentrism and evolution and the fact that the world places science as the infallible deity of all things, believing any and all that the scientific community puts out as "truth," no matter how far fetched it really is (like evolution, which if one sits down and really studies the theory, one can see how absolutely absurd it truly is and that it breaks many established scientific rules, such as life cannot come from non-life, etc.  But, besides the fact that evolution has more holes than Swiss cheese, I will place my trust in the Church and the innerrancy of Sacred Scripture any ol' day of the week over man-made (and nowadays, atheistic) science, which both state plainly the truths of an ex nihilio Creation and a geocentric cosmos).

On the scientific end, there is a really good Catholic site out there called the Kolbe Center for the Study of Creation.  There are some absolutely priceless articles on this site - I encourage everyone to check it out:
http://www.kolbecenter.org/

Also, on the Scripturecatholic.com site, John Salza defends both the geocentric and Creation platforms of the Church.  John is one of the best apologists out there, IMHO.

Also, for some great info on geocetrism, Dr. Robert Sungenis has done some fantastic work on the subject, and has a book out called "Galileo was Wrong" that truly tackles the "theory" of heliocentrism and the Biblical and Scientific proof for geocentrism.  Also, you can view some of Dr. Sungenis' articles on his website:  http://www.catholicintl.com/

Nic Wrote:Now, now...don't get all sour - I didn't mean to "steal your thunder." [Image: fish.gif]
I wasn't talking about you but the people who thought you did more than copy and paste (and for the record, copying and pasting is the way to go. I have never typed out a Bible verse and copy and paste it all.)

Quote:I have noticed that the majority of the time on forums such as these people are reluctant to follow links -- it is best to just post the information and let it be done.
It's also good (not that I'm critical of you on this) to post the original link for reference. Some people end up posting things which sound plausible then it turns out to be from a sede site, or a protestant site, etc.

Quote:John is one of the best apologists out there, IMHO.

He certainly is.
"And yet it moves......."[Image: sneaky.gif]
alaric Wrote:"And yet it moves......."[Image: sneaky.gif]

He didn't say that.
LaRoza Wrote:
alaric Wrote:"And yet it moves......."[Image: sneaky.gif]

He didn't say that.
You were there.....?

Actually it will never be proven either way if Galileo ever uttered under breath " E pur si muove", after his recanting during the Inquisition and under the threat of heresy which could have been punishable by death at that time.

But part of Galileo's defense was of St Augustine himself declaring not to take certain scripture too literally, especially in books of poetry and song.
alaric Wrote:You were there.....?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E_pur_si_muove!

Quote:Actually it will never be proven either way if Galileo ever uttered under breath " E pur si muove", after his recanting during the Inquisition and under the threat of heresy which could have been punishable by death at that time.

But part of Galileo's defense was of St Augustine himself declaring not to take certain scripture too literally, especially in books of poetry and song.

Wrong. He would not have been executed under the laws of the time.