Foxman "only after the church recants"!!!
I think all the stuff he has done recently will backfire and he will lose whatever credibility he had.
StevusMagnus Wrote:I have no doubt this kook is serious, but the article says that other Jewish leaders were satisfied and ready to move on. I say Rome continues ties with them and cut ties with the ADL and tell Foxman to stuff it, thereby cutting him off and marginalizing him while keeping ties to more moderate Jewish groups.
I respectfully disagree. So far, the moderate Jewish groups and rabbis have only served as "good cops" to distract Catholics from what is happening. Foxman and groups like the German Central Council of Jews will continue to hound while moderate groups will fall silent again.

The Pope and +Fellay have repeatedly backed down under pressure and received only a couple days faint praise from the moderates followed by more strident demands from the ADL. I pray that the Pope would take the initiative by cleaning house at the Vatican and appealing for support directly to his Catholic people using modern media.
columba Wrote:
StevusMagnus Wrote:I have no doubt this kook is serious, but the article says that other Jewish leaders were satisfied and ready to move on. I say Rome continues ties with them and cut ties with the ADL and tell Foxman to stuff it, thereby cutting him off and marginalizing him while keeping ties to more moderate Jewish groups.

I respectfully disagree. So far, the moderate Jewish groups and rabbis have only served as "good cops" to distract Catholics from what is happening. Foxman and groups like the German Central Council of Jews will continue to hound while moderate groups will fall silent again.

The Pope and +Fellay have repeatedly backed down under pressure and received only a couple days faint praise from the moderates followed by more strident demands from the ADL. I pray that the Pope would take the initiative by cleaning house at the Vatican and appealing for support directly to his Catholic people using modern media.

Will he really do so? For so far, he's done nothing of the sort.

As I've said in the past, our current Holy Father is not a disciplinarian. He is an academic. He just doesn't have it in him to "clean house at the Vatican".
HailGilbert Wrote:As I've said in the past, our current Holy Father is not a disciplinarian. He is an academic. He just doesn't have it in him to "clean house at the Vatican".
The H.F. is in a tight spot. He has already burned bridges with Foxman by cutting ADL surrogate Kasper out of the loop. The H.F. is probably safer just finishing the job by expelling Kasper and friends from the Vatican rather than having to endure sustained attack from Foxman with Kasper still in place. Kasper has already offered his resignation but I would think the SSPX needs to brought on board juridically before the H.F. can act.

The only way to make peace with Foxman would be to fully restore Kasper and freeze out the SSPX and I don't think the H.F. will do that.

Foxman also supports gay marriage and other things. He is hardly Jewish.
HE IS JEWISH ONLY WHEN IT PAYS. People like him hate Christ and the true Church. They are never satisfied. Satan useful tools.
I think it would be a useful exercise for the Church to attempt to dictate Jewish belief and practice to precisely the same degree that many Jews attempt to dictate Catholic belief and practice.

Or at least demand that Jewish spokespeople such as Foxman publicly denounce any Jewish leaders who say anything derogatory about Christ, his Church, Scriptures, or people; or any Jewish-made films which speak ill of Catholicism, Priests, etc.

Well, it's fun to consider...