effect of rock music
Rock and Roll will save your soul.
Gerry Rafferty, anyone?
HailGilbert Wrote:
LaRoza Wrote:
Stephanos Wrote:Also, a while back there was a Japanese scientists doing experiments with water molecules - exposing water to different types of music would cause them to form different patterns. However, rock music, as I recall, tended to create distorted or chaotic images.
Yes, that was a hoax. Beware of New Age mysticism.

Is there evidence that this experiment was a hoax, and is such evidence available on line? Thank you in advance.

"Hoax" was strong, but it has very little scientific value and the original studies are the only "proofs" of it.

It has little value and makes little sense although it appeals to the initial curiosity of humans: http://is-masaru-emoto-for-real.com/
Most of the rock I listen to, I listen to because it brings back good memories for me (i.e., 80s hair bands and such). I have not once sacrificed to Satan by listening to it.
LaRoza Wrote:
HailGilbert Wrote:
LaRoza Wrote:
Stephanos Wrote:Also, a while back there was a Japanese scientists doing experiments with water molecules - exposing water to different types of music would cause them to form different patterns. However, rock music, as I recall, tended to create distorted or chaotic images.
Yes, that was a hoax. Beware of New Age mysticism.

Is there evidence that this experiment was a hoax, and is such evidence available on line? Thank you in advance.

"Hoax" was strong, but it has very little scientific value and the original studies are the only "proofs" of it.

It has little value and makes little sense although it appeals to the initial curiosity of humans: http://is-masaru-emoto-for-real.com/

Many thanks for the link, as well as exposing a scientific fraud.
HailGilbert Wrote:Many thanks for the link, as well as exposing a scientific fraud.

Yes. I fell for it too a while back, but I've become a scientific sceptic in matters of this world.

One must always research claims and look for evidence. Faith should only be in God and the domain of the Church, but for natural things, it should be in the scientific method.

I've been running my own experiment with heavy music for years now.  The only poor outcome I have been able to decern is that it made me a trad.
Telemaque Wrote:For me it is just obvious, because I listen so seldom, whenever I hear it, it grates on my nerves terribly.

That's a personal preference.
'Tis good to see that some things never change . . .
LaRoza Wrote:
HailGilbert Wrote:Many thanks for the link, as well as exposing a scientific fraud.

Yes. I fell for it too a while back, but I've become a scientific sceptic in matters of this world.

One must always research claims and look for evidence. Faith should only be in God and the domain of the Church, but for natural things, it should be in the scientific method.

You should read The Book of the Damned by Charles Fort.  It's available online, I believe.  He went to great lengths to expose the misplaced faith in science.

"The Damned" in the book are facts.  As in, "these damned facts keep getting in the way of science"  He's an odd guy with an odd style of writing, but I find him interesting.

BTW, it was from his name that we get the term "Fortean".