The new bishop of Linz is giving up ?
Cantus Wrote:For the first time in my life we now have a clear view of what these liars and apostates are really like.

These people have shown their true colours time and time again since the Council. This is nothing new.
Now what's really sad is that the pope has actually accepted his resignation. I don't think His Holiness should have given up here.
Bonifacio Wrote:Probably because His Excellency doesn't promote balloon masses.
If he is not freemason or homosexual, he would be unwelcome at many dioceses. Perhaps the candidate was threatened  with a former parishioner ready to make false accusations.
Cantus Wrote:
Bonifacio Wrote:What rabid wolves these bishops! This is truly decadent.
  I hope that this continues, the real enemies of the church (inside her borders for so long) will be exposed and expunged.

First we need a Pope who will do some expunging.
Baskerville Wrote:First we need a Pope who will do some expunging.
This latest cave-in makes the remitting of excommunications look like it was just a fluke. Let nobody ever again say that Abp. Lefebvre was over-cautious in 1988.
Another defeat! A conservative Bishop throws in the towel in the face of some liberal resistance.

Is anyone starting to think, just for a second that God may be on the other side here? I know this is heresy, but has anything gone the way of Traditional Catholicism for 50 years? We can't even get a conservative Bishop appointed by the Pope to stay in the position he was promoted to. And we expect to convert the world? We can't even SAY publicly we WANT to convert Jews or anyone else for that matter without being labeled as intolerant anti-semites. Are we not finished?

Stevus....what do you think St. Athansius said? Pope St. Gregory VII when he was driven from Rome?
BlessedKarl Wrote:Stevus....what do you think St. Athansius said? Pope St. Gregory VII when he was driven from Rome?

We're screwed?
I pray this bishop either changes his mind or is ordered under obedience to persist.
StevusMagnus Wrote:Is anyone starting to think, just for a second that God may be on the other side here? I know this is heresy, but has anything gone the way of Traditional Catholicism for 50 years? We can't even get a conservative Bishop appointed by the Pope to stay in the position he was promoted to. And we expect to convert the world? We can't even SAY publicly we WANT to convert Jews or anyone else for that matter without being labeled as intolerant anti-semites. Are we not finished?
Bite your tongue. Despair is a sin forbidden. I think God trying to get through our thick Catholic skulls that compromise with the world is a losing game. We have been backing up for the last few hundred years. Enough is enough.