The new bishop of Linz is giving up ?
Did God favor Islam to Christianity when North Africa, a spiritual center of Christendom and the birthplace of Augustine and Ambrose among others, fell to the Muslims? Egypt? Palestine and Syria and Anatolia?

Did God favor the Protestants when Henry VIII imposed heresy? And did God favor the persecutors when His martyrs died courageously, from the days of emperors into our own times?

"My kingdom is not of this world," Our Lord said. Even if our churches are burnt, the relics of our saints ground into dust by the oppressors and cast to the winds, our children taken and sacrificed to Baal or made the victims of mandatory abortions to exterminate Christianity, we are still victorious. We have nothing to fear. So long as we have trust we will come to no harm. You are the only one who can endanger your soul, and if you secure it, you secure everything. No harm can come of us through the world unless we let it.

We're doomed. The Pope can't even appoint an actual Catholic Bishop to a city. The secular media and liberals control the Church's actions through manipulation and intimidation.

Quote:Even if our churches are burnt, the relics of our saints ground into dust by the oppressors and cast to the winds, our children taken and sacrificed to Baal or made the victims of mandatory abortions to exterminate Christianity,

This is our future, slowly but surely.

Well the Orthodox Churches are traditional, and they are growing. The Pope should ally the See of Rome with Constantinople and Russia. The liberals would be stopped in their tracks or just bail. No tabletista would dare take try to secularize the Orthodox Church. The Pope cannot trust every Bishop under him. So start building up allies elseware. Just my opinion. Allot of protestants joined the Orthodox church, because they wanted a traditional church. Why didn't they choose Rome. Well the very problems we see here right now. Liberalism and the spirit of Vatican 2 changing everything. Here is a good example.
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=311606

StevusMagnus Wrote:We're doomed. The Pope can't even appoint an actual Catholic Bishop to a city. The secular media and liberals control the Church's actions through manipulation and intimidation.
We are doomed because of one city? In the history of the Church, entire nations have broken away from the Church and yet the Church survived.
LaRoza Wrote:We are doomed because of one city? In the history of the Church, entire nations have broken away from the Church and yet the Church survived

No doubt we'll survive. Survive like a terminal patient on life-support until the Second Coming...
StevusMagnus Wrote:
LaRoza Wrote:We are doomed because of one city? In the history of the Church, entire nations have broken away from the Church and yet the Church survived

No doubt we'll survive. Survive like a terminal patient on life-support until the Second Coming...

The world was always doomed. Many are called, but few are chosen.
LaRoza Wrote:
StevusMagnus Wrote:

Bishop Linz was called, but apparently not chosen by the liberals. Or perhaps God did not choose him and it was His will that he not be Bishop of that city. Perhaps God prefers are more moderate Bishop.  Who are we to say?
StevusMagnus Wrote:
LaRoza Wrote:
StevusMagnus Wrote:

Bishop Linz was called, but apparently not chosen by the liberals. Or perhaps God did not choose him and it was His will that he not be Bishop of that city. Perhaps God prefers are more moderate Bishop.  Who are we to say?

The calling and the choosing is not of people and this world. The liberals aren't the ones who do the chosing.

You are increasingly showing an irrational style of posting. I'm going to bed and I suggest you do the same. You could use the rest.
Question:

Is the Catholic Church headed by the Pope or by the bishops (or council(s) of bishops)?

When I converted to the Catholic Faith, I was taught that the head of the Church on earth was the Pope, the Vicar of Christ.   Not a bunch of bishops who bully, play games, and display a disobedient attitude toward the Pope.

I converted from Anglicanism and now I'm starting to see some very similar things going on in the Catholic Church as I did in the Anglican Church:  puffed up bishops imposing their will upon the faithful through egoism, game playing and politicking. 

I love the Holy Father tremendously.  But I do wish (and pray) he starts coming down hard on these openly disrespectful and power usurping bishops.  Is this the fruit of "Conciliarism"?  If so, it's a rotten fruit and needs to be disposed of immediately. 
Bonifacio Wrote:What rabid wolves these bishops! This is truly decadent.

Yes.. I hope the Pope makes him accept the post, we need good bishops. And I get the idea this priest would make a good one. We just have to pray for him lots, I guess.