The new bishop of Linz is giving up ?
The liberal and leftist press is jubilating about their latest victory against "the evil Papacy" and the "Nazi reactionary Church-tendencies".

A sad thing.

It should prove how futile the neocon version of Catholicism, and the neocon "loyalty to the Holy Popes John Paul II and Benedict XVI and Pope Paul VI of Most Blessed Memory" is in reality. They are becoming into boxing balls for the liberalistic and revolutionary mass media and controlled press in our allegedly "free" politically correct world.
HMiS Wrote:It should prove how futile the neocon version of Catholicism, and the neocon "loyalty to the Holy Popes John Paul II and Benedict XVI and Pope Paul VI of Most Blessed Memory" is in reality. They are becoming into boxing balls for the liberalistic and revolutionary mass media and controlled press in our allegedly "free" politically correct world.
I know of a German-speaking Bishop in Argentina with the courage required for standing up to Austrian liberals. :)

Seriously, this incident should illustrate how badly the Vatican needs an elite cadre of SSPX priests with firm backbones to serve as Bishops for the Restoration.
StevusMagnus Wrote:Bishop Linz was called, but apparently not chosen by the liberals. Or perhaps God did not choose him and it was His will that he not be Bishop of that city. Perhaps God prefers are more moderate Bishop.  Who are we to say?

Calm down, Stevus. Perhaps God has other plans for H.E. Bishop Linz, perhaps more important ones.

God can turn an apparent defeat into victory. Don't despair.

Like StevusMagnus I'm close to despair myself.

That said that might be a good sign.  The darkest hour is before the dawn and all that good stuff.

At least things are moving now, albeit in a negative direction.  Perhaps God wants to utterly humiliate us and show even us Traditionalists to be a bunch of useless cowardly worms so that His glory is all the greater for extracting us from this mess.

Along with the economic crisis we might be entering the final phase.  Life might get REAL "interesting" soon.
Ggreg,

Indeed, as Holy Writ teaches, we are all just a bunch of useless servants for we simply do what we have to do.

Nevertheless, don't despair. What seems impossible to us is possible to God. We might have become a bit too hopeful because of Summorum Pontificum and the lifting of the excommunications. However, things are more complex and certainly the modernist hierarchy won't become traditional all of a sudden.

It took them a long time to infiltrate the Church and now it will takes some time too to turn things around. Ultimately, it will be by God's will alone that this mess will be sorted out.
I recently posted an article about the latest news to come out of Austria. It seems to me that the bishops of Austria have fomented an all out rebellion against the Pope. If you don't believe me, then go over to Rorate Caeli and read part of their statement that they signed and sent to the Pope.

There was a time when I didn't believe that Modernists had infiltrated the Church. Now it is becoming more and more plain to me that they have. If the Austrian bishops are out in revolt, then maybe it's high time that the Pope puts his foot down once and for all. If he is sitting on the Chair of Peter, then may be it is time that he issued an interdict for the entire country of Austria and suspended all Masses there until the country came to its senses.

The Papacy was once one of the most powerful institutions in the world. The Pope had a whole ton of clout back in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance. In many cases, what he said went. Innocent III got a king crawling to him in the snow when he excommunicated him. Why can't we get that from this pontificate? The Pope needs to stand up and do something.

I think that it is imperative that we pray for the Pope now.

BTW, is it okay if I am angry about this? I really am.
brotherjuniper Wrote:There was a time when I didn't believe that Modernists had infiltrated the Church.

I wish we could still be like that, blissfully ignorant.

But now you know and you have joined the fight. Be prepared!