Pro-Abortion Nancy Pelosi Will Meet With Pope Benedict
The Vatican -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, one of the top pro-abortion Catholics in elected office in the United States, will meet with Pope Benedict XVI on Wednesday during a week-long trip to Italy. The meeting will likely occur after the pope's weekly general audience.

Full story: http://www.LifeNews.com/int1086.html

I do hope they send Bishop Burke to meet the party at the airport, that he rides with them to the Vatican and that there are at least three traffic jams.

I think some quality time with a quality theologian would do her an eternity of good.

Perhaps the Holy Father will present the Honorable Speaker with a nice hair shirt instead of the customary souvenir Rosary or a nice set of stocks on the piazza?
Hopefully she will be greeted with excommunication papers.
QuisUtDeus Wrote:Hopefully she will be greeted with excommunication papers.

Nailed to the door of her hotel room at check-in!
juliee Wrote:The Vatican -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, one of the top pro-abortion Catholics in elected office in the United States, will meet with Pope Benedict XVI on Wednesday during a week-long trip to Italy. The meeting will likely occur after the pope's weekly general audience.

Since she is a Democrat, how dare this meeting take place..if Republican, well, we will hold our noses and ignore..secretly grumbling......
Belloc Wrote:
juliee Wrote:The Vatican -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, one of the top pro-abortion Catholics in elected office in the United States, will meet with Pope Benedict XVI on Wednesday during a week-long trip to Italy. The meeting will likely occur after the pope's weekly general audience.

Since she is a Democrat, how dare this meeting take place..if Republican, well, we will hold our noses and ignore..secretly grumbling......

Still looking for moral equivalency between the two parties, even after the last two weeks' events, eh? Only a true Neo-Con could support the current administration and that would only be because "it is clearly speeding up the Rapture."

Papers? How about the full bells, book, and candles?
What I don't understand is this. How at her age does she not fear eternal damnation. It is not as if she were going to live another forty years. When I was out of the Church, there were things I wouldn't say and do. Because even though I was away from the Church, I had fear of colossal crimes against God. She is a catholic enigma. Note the word "catholic" is not capitalized. 
Tiny Wrote:

Papers? How about the full bells, book, and candles?

That would be ostentatious. 

Also, maybe this is uncharitable of me, but she isn't worthy of a ceremony.
timoose Wrote:What I don't understand is this. How at her age does she not fear eternal damnation. It is not as if she were going to live another forty years. When I was out of the Church, there were things I wouldn't say and do. Because even though I was away from the Church, I had fear of colossal crimes against God. She is a catholic enigma. Note the word "catholic" is not capitalized. 

Well, there are many reasons why people might act this way, but in her case I think it is because she has apostasized.  Quite simply, it seems to me that she doesn't believe what the Church teaches.  If she doesn't believe abortion is wrong, then she wouldn't fear supporting it.