Listen to Card. Rigali 6pm est on Bp. Williamson
Gerard Wrote:And he acts like Cardinal Kaspar isn't a heretic!  He actually cites Kaspar against Williamson.

Heretics flock together.
QuisUtDeus Wrote:OK, I didn't have a chance to listen to it, but I do have it recorded.  I'll edit it down to just the interview with the Cdl and find a way to post it later tonight.

Quis,

The SSPX is only referenced between the times of 7 pm and 7:40 or so.  He only took 2 calls and they spent the rest of the time trashing bishop Williamson and misrepresenting the SSPX.  One call sounded agenda driven about the SSPX's website. 

I fired off a heated e-mail (not that it'll really do any good) but it felt right.  :)

Credo Wrote:A more barable alternative will be Michael Hoffman

For those who didn't hear the above interview, it was very well done. Hoffman did a fine job of presenting the current crisis in the Church.
Credo Wrote:For those who didn't hear the above interview, it was very well done. Hoffman did a find job of presenting the current crisis in the Church.

I caught the second half of it, I was glad to finally hear someone speaking well of Bishop Williamson.
Bonifacio Wrote:
Gerard Wrote:And he acts like Cardinal Kaspar isn't a heretic!  He actually cites Kaspar against Williamson.

Heretics flock together.
What ugly statements. I didn't hear the good Cardinal, but why can't we hear in his words charity rather than indifference? Jumping to unwarranted conclusions due to bias is presumptuous.
Gerard Wrote:Cardinal Justin Rigali will on the Dom Giordano radio show this evening 6pm eastern time.  Giordano is one of the radio hosts with very little intellectual firepower and a lot of hate towards Bishop Williamson referring to him as a "bigot." 

Giordano in his promos for the show has said he will ask the Cardinal for his thoughts on Bishop Williamson.

You can listen online from this link.  The upper right hand side of the page has the "listen live" marker.

http://www.thebigtalker1210.com/
  What else can you call Williamson other than a bigot?  A Nitwit? A horse's rear end?  What did the Germans use the gas chambers for?  As a professor of history, I can say that Bishop Williamson should be excoriated for his ridiculous views.  I hope that Cardinal Rigali agrees wholeheartedly with Dom Giordano.
jacobhalo Wrote:  What else can you call Williamson other than a bigot? 

Why call him a bigot when he hasn't made any bigoted statements? 

Quote:A Nitwit?  A horse's rear end?

Why call him names at all?  What intellectual void does that fill? 

Quote:What did the Germans use the gas chambers for?

Delousing clothing and quarters due to a typhus epidemic.  No one today claims Dachau had any extermination gas chambers but they did have delousing gas chambers.  The directors of Auschwitz museum  even state that 95% of the Zykon B was used for delousing and 5% for extermination. 

Quote: As a professor of history, I can say that Bishop Williamson should be excoriated for his ridiculous views.

Your status as a "professor" doesn't give you the right to cut down a man for appealing to studies that you don't even bother to address. 

Quote:   I hope that Cardinal Rigali agrees wholeheartedly with Dom Giordano.

That's a very evil hope.  I would hope the Cardinal would have had the guts to state the truth clearly and not participate in the sins of calumny and detraction engaged in by the ignorant and uninformed host.  Instead of doing his duty and correcting the host, he aided him!

The Cardinal was a disgrace, Giordano is a fool and a disgrace and you fit in quite well with them by your ignorant comments.

jacobhalo Wrote:What else can you call Williamson other than a bigot?  A Nitwit? A horse's rear end?  What did the Germans use the gas chambers for?  As a professor of history, I can say that Bishop Williamson should be excoriated for his ridiculous views.  I hope that Cardinal Rigali agrees wholeheartedly with Dom Giordano.
[/QUOTE]

You can call him a priest of God and pray for him instead of calling him names.

The issue he had with the gas chambers was historical. He had read compelling arguments to him that there were no gas chambers. He does not make a habit of studying this aspect of history and when he had read that, he found it reasonable and didn't pursue the matter until it became an issue with the media.

His "ridiculous" views are not important. He is a priest and a shepard, not a historian. He has no reason to believe things about the concentration camps because of faith. He isn't a bigot because he has outdated or wrong history lessons in the past.
ONeill Wrote:
jacobhalo Wrote:What else can you call Williamson other than a bigot?  A Nitwit? A horse's rear end?  What did the Germans use the gas chambers for?  As a professor of history, I can say that Bishop Williamson should be excoriated for his ridiculous views.  I hope that Cardinal Rigali agrees wholeheartedly with Dom Giordano.

You can call him a priest of God and pray for him instead of calling him names.

The issue he had with the gas chambers was historical. He had read compelling arguments to him that there were no gas chambers. He does not make a habit of studying this aspect of history and when he had read that, he found it reasonable and didn't pursue the matter until it became an issue with the media.

His "ridiculous" views are not important. He is a priest and a shepard, not a historian. He has no reason to believe things about the concentration camps because of faith. He isn't a bigot because he has outdated or wrong history lessons in the past.[/QUOTE] The bishop should adhere to the spiritual life and leave history to those who study it. I am a history professor, and I surely would not contradict a theologian who is an authority on his subject.  There is much evidence and living witnesses who can and did give documented statements concerning the gas chambers.  The bishop must have read rivisionist historians who deny the holocaust.  These historians have "an axe to grind" against the Jews. 
jacobhalo Wrote:The bishop should adhere to the spiritual life and leave history to those who study it. I am a history professor, and I surely would not contradict a theologian who is an authority on his subject.  There is much evidence and living witnesses who can and did give documented statements concerning the gas chambers.  The bishop must have read rivisionist historians who deny the holocaust.  These historians have "an axe to grind" against the Jews. 

Yes, the bishop did read those works but this was in the 80's. The interview which started this whole thing brought this subject up in November, and the media made a stink over in January.

It was obviously a trap. The bishop is outspoken. If someone asked him a question, I'm sure he'd answer. He was caught with his guard down. I'm sure I could question him on mathematical principles (like, getting him to say euclidian geometery describes the universe). It would be wrong, but why would I ask that question if not to trap him? He has now been told to not speak on the matter, and he hasn't. Like you said, it isn't his field and people should not be asking him questions on it. It is unfair to blame him for answering.

He answered the question on outdated information which has since been shown to be incorrect. Instead of people giving him facts and informing him (after all, that is the logical thing to do) the agents of evil have taken this oppurtunity to call him hateful things like a bigot, a nitwit and a horse's ass. He has been mocked for his ridiculous views for people against the faith.

He explained why he thought the way he did, and it had purely to do with the facts he thought he read. It has nothing to do with emotion. His words. Watch the interview of that question.