Austrian Bishops in Open Revolt Against Pope
Since when can bishops reject a papal appointment of another bishop?  Oh, that's right, since Vatican II...collegiality...silly me!
I've written on this elsewhere including my blog, but I am really ticked off. I'll write here when I'm coherent.
AnimaChristi Wrote:Since when can bishops reject a papal appointment of another bishop?  Oh, that's right, since Vatican II...collegiality...silly me!

I may not have paid attention, but I don't think even some bishops have been this daring in their disobedience to the pope before.  You don't see bishops like Archbishop Burke and others actually faithful to the Church doing something like this.

They're pushing the envelope further and further everyday.
neel Wrote:
columba Wrote:It sounds like the "Upper Austria" contains a treasure trove of Catholic real estate and trust funds. There has been much looting going on with the national "bail-outs." Maybe the Linz diocese is being looted and the bishops don't want an outsider coming in to check the books.
Oi. Is that really what this is about?  Is it still 1520? [Image: doh.gif]
Ultimately its about the Faith but controlling Church property has and will continue to play a huge part in the ongoing VII revolution.
Archbishop Christoph Cardinal SCHÖNBORN
ArchbishopAlois KOTHGASSER
Diocesan Bishop Egon KAPELLARI
Diocesan Bishop Klaus KÜNG
Military Bishop Christian WERNER
Diocesan Bishop Paul IBY
Diocesan Bishop Alois SCHWARZ
Diözesanbischof Ludwig SCHWARZ
Diocesan Bishop Manfred SCHEUER
Diocesan Bishop Elmar FISCHER

I think we have a clear list of the apostates in Austria, signed by their own hand.  It's your move, dearest and most Holy Father, Benedict XVI.