post-conciliar "signs"
This may or may not have been discussed in detail on this forum, but does anyone else out there find it rather discouraging that all of the Popes of the post-conciliar era have done away with the Papal Tiara (since Paul VI placed it away) in favor of a bishop's mitre AND have adopted the new Papal Crucifix Staff that portrays Christ on a bent Cross?  I am under the impression that a bent Crucifix is a Satanist symbol.  If this truly is a fact (I'm not saying that it is), then why in the world would the Holy See adopt such a degraded symbol?

I am no conspiracy theorists and definitely not a sedevacantist but these things surely strike the attention of able minded Traditionalists.  Perhaps these are simple signs that the "smoke of Satan" has reached the highest level of Holy Mother Church and has infected the papacy in a profound way.  Thoughts?
Quote:I am under the impression that a bent Crucifix is a Satanist symbol.

Not again! We already went over this.

It is not satanic and probably based on historical art.

It is realistic, yes, but that is a good thing in some ways as people are forgetting that the crucifix is a terrible form of torture.

Protestants don't like crucifices and stick with crosses. Now Catholics are uncomfortable with realistic portrayals of the Passion.
...based on historical art?  I am not in disagreement here, but do you have any sources that can back up that claim?  I am rather curious.  [Image: smile.gif]

...besides, it does seem rather peculiar that this "bent Crucifix" just so happened to appear after the Vatican II council - not to mention the abandonment of the Papal Tiara...

ONeill Wrote:Now Catholics are uncomfortable with realistic portrayals of the Passion.

I for one am most definitely NOT uncomfortable with realistic portrayals of the Passion of Christ.  BUT, I am very uncomfortable with the abandonment of Tradition and the addition of novelty; whether it be a strange symbol, Holy Communion in the hand, altar girls, women speaking in Church etc.
Masons, Communists and Modernists have been infiltrating the Church for decades, Nic. That explains a lot of things that have happened in the 20th Century, including Vatican II and its satanic aftermath.

We should pray for better days to come.

I just find the corpus on the bent crucifix ugly, with its sagging splayed knees.  Maybe it's realistic but it lacks dignity.
B16 actually hasn't used the bent crucifix for almost a year now.

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2008/03/benedict-...ff-images/
WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:B16 actually hasn't used the bent crucifix for almost a year now.

That's good to know.  I had noticed he used different crosiers and was glad he was not using the bent one all the time.

WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:B16 actually hasn't used the bent crucifix for almost a year now.

Deo Gratias!
Nic Wrote:...based on historical art?  I am not in disagreement here, but do you have any sources that can back up that claim?  I am rather curious. 

It was posted on the last discussion of this subject. I do not remember the name of the piece.