post-conciliar "signs"
PaxVobiscum Wrote:I just find the corpus on the bent crucifix ugly, with its sagging splayed knees.  Maybe it's realistic but it lacks dignity.

Yes, crucifixion was not a dignified way to die, and Our Saviour was crucified. So much we owe Him. The least we can do is remember.

WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:B16 actually hasn't used the bent crucifix for almost a year now.

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2008/03/benedict-...ff-images/

Praise God!  That is good to know.  More and more each day I see how the Holy Ghost is working on our Holy Father, and more and more each day my respect and love for him grows.  Perhaps soon he will blow the dust off of the Papal Tiara - but more importantly are his works for the restoration of Tradition.  Let us pray that the Pope continues the good fight and is receiving of the Holy Ghost.  Let all novelty be swept away and let the Temple be purified!

God Bless Pope Benedict XVI.
PaxVobiscum Wrote:I just find the corpus on the bent crucifix ugly, with its sagging splayed knees.  Maybe it's realistic but it lacks dignity.
The head is too small and facial features are obscured. It looks like a stick figure, not realistic.
Quote:
...based on historical art?  I am not in disagreement here, but do you have any sources that can back up that claim?  I am rather curious.  [Image: smile.gif]

...besides, it does seem rather peculiar that this "bent Crucifix" just so happened to appear after the Vatican II council - not to mention the abandonment of the Papal Tiara...

[Image: grunewald_crucifixion.jpg]
I believe Paul VI's papal staff is based on this painting.
I cannot understand why anyone would think this is Satanic. Christ did not die on a gold and gilded bejewled cross. Now I raise no objections to these crosiers of course, but let's also be realistic.

All of the so-called Conciliar popes were a lot of things, but Satanists no.

Nic Wrote:...based on historical art?  I am not in disagreement here, but do you have any sources that can back up that claim?  I am rather curious.  [Image: smile.gif]

From the Isenheim Altarpiece

[Image: isencross.jpg]

[Image: popebentcross.gif]

Doesn't look like it was directly inspired by that alterpiece.
Gerard Wrote:Doesn't look like it was directly inspired by that alterpiece.

Its the same idea isn't it?
ONeill Wrote:

Christ is much more distorted in the bent crucifix.
Bonifacio Wrote:
ONeill Wrote:

Christ is much more distorted in the bent crucifix.

It isn't as distorted as a real crucifixion.

I do not understand the problems with it. It isn't pretty, but then again, it probably wasn't meant to be.

There is no reason to say it is satanic.
ONeill Wrote:It isn't as distorted as a real crucifixion.

I do not understand the problems with it. It isn't pretty, but then again, it probably wasn't meant to be.

There is no reason to say it is satanic.

The traditional crucifix aptly portrays the crucifixion and the sufferings of Our Lord without distorting His figure to the point where one can't even barely recognise Him.

The Christ represented in the bent crucifix is distorted and lacks the dignity that is befitting when representing His figure.