post-conciliar "signs"
If there's one thing I've learned from my experiences with Catholicism, is that the Church uses many different ways to signify different aspects of a certain 'thing.'

In the East, certain aspects of Catholic doctrine may be more emphasized than they are in the West and vice versa. It's not a matter of 'this or that' but both.

The Gospels themselves are an example of this. The Synoptic Gospels focus more on Christ's humanity while John's focuse's on His Divinity. Well, which are right? Both are!

There is also no reason to pit the modern style of crucifix with the old. Both represent different, but equally true, aspects of the Crucifixition. It is the ultimate paradox: the greatest act of love as well as the greatest blasphemy.

If it personally doesn't fit your taste well than that's one thing. But there is no justification for accusing it of being 'bad', 'wrong' or even 'Satanic.'
The bent crucifix jpii used does not have the INRI. i think its telling they removed the INRI. this is no small potatoes

devotedknuckles Wrote:The bent crucifix jpii used does not have the INRI. i think its telling they removed the INRI. this is no small potatoes

It has it, it is just narrow to fit.

Bonifacio Wrote:The traditional crucifix aptly portrays the crucifixion and the sufferings of Our Lord without distorting His figure to the point where one can't even barely recognize Him.

Take a look at some Spanish crucifix's. They're quite traditional - and quite gory. Scripture talks about how Christ didn't even look like a human being upon His crucifixion.
i looked around and cant find the INRI on the crooked crucifix of jpii
any help

Credo Wrote:Take a look at some Spanish crucifix's. They're quite traditional - and quite gory. Scripture talks about how Christ didn't even look like a human being upon His crucifixion.

I'm very familiar with traditional crucifixes, spanish or otherwise, thank you. All of them represent Our Lord with dignity and realism (wounds, blood, etc.).

None of them is like the Christ in the bent crucifix, though.
Bonifacio Wrote:Masons, Communists and Modernists have been infiltrating the Church for decades, Nic. That explains a lot of things that have happened in the 20th Century, including Vatican II and its satanic aftermath.

We should pray for better days to come.

Can we add they push capitalism, Neocon war theories,etc..........?

True, like your way of cutting to the chase!![Image: salute.gif][Image: tiphat2.gif]
Gerard Wrote:[Image: popebentcross.gif]

Doesn't look like it was directly inspired by that alterpiece.

have this a a lapel pin got somewhere free.....though having some doubts on it.....
I think I'm going to make a rosary soon using that crucifix to show you all it isn't evil.
ONeill Wrote:I think I'm going to make a rosary soon using that crucifix to show you all it isn't evil.

How does making something show it is not evil? or is it the maker?