post-conciliar "signs"
Belloc Wrote:
ONeill Wrote:I think I'm going to make a rosary soon using that crucifix to show you all it isn't evil.

How does making something show it is not evil? or is it the maker?

Beats me.
Belloc Wrote:
ONeill Wrote:I think I'm going to make a rosary soon using that crucifix to show you all it isn't evil.

How does making something show it is not evil? or is it the maker?

Because I can make a beautiful rosary which people will like and use for good using a perfectly acceptable crucifix. The only problem with this crucifix is that Pope John Paul II used it and people had a bias against him. I'm not saying Pope John Paul II was the best pope, but he certainly isn't satanic and the crucifix is an acceptable crucifix.

A cross was a crude torture device on which people hung for hours or days in torment. They were not works of art. How is a stylised crucifix better than this particular one? I've seen crucifices worth protesting, but this is not one.
ONeill Wrote:The only problem with this crucifix is that Pope John Paul II used it and people had a bias against him.

Perhaps because the deceased Pontiff had a bias against Tradition and the Church.
Bonifacio Wrote:
ONeill Wrote:The only problem with this crucifix is that Pope John Paul II used it and people had a bias against him.

Perhaps because the deceased Pontiff had a bias against Tradition and the Church.

Even if that were true and it may, it doesn't reflect on the crucifix. It also doesn't mean that crucifix is satanic or evil. How do we know why he chose it?
Just to clarify, Pope Paul VI was the first to use it. Pope John Paul II just kept using it.

[Image: SuperStock_903-106527.jpg]
SaintSebastian Wrote:Just to clarify, Pope Paul VI was the first to use it. Pope John Paul II just kept using it.

s/Pope John Paul II/Pope Paul VI/g

It applies for both in my statements.

I get a rosary every few months in the mail from a charity that uses that crucifix and there is a medal of JPII in between each decade for the Our Fathers. 

ONeill Wrote:
Aviz Wrote:Perhaps because the deceased Pontiff had a bias against Tradition and the Church.

Even if that were true and it may, it doesn't reflect on the crucifix. It also doesn't mean that crucifix is satanic or evil. How do we know why he chose it?
[/quote]

We don't know why H.H. Pope Paul VI chose it, he never justified it as far as I know, and why the subsequent Popes continued to use it. However, given the conciliar mindset, essentially revolutionary, we can safely assume that it was another subtle away to do away with Tradition.
Just because it's new, doesn't mean it's bad.
didishroom Wrote:Just because it's new, doesn't mean it's bad.

Given the context of post-conciliar reforms and its overall mindset, these things are looked upon with suspicion.