What did Pelosi tell the Pope?
I think she may have told the pope that abortion is the law of the land and that politicians are bound to uphold the law.    Waiting to hear it from the horse's mouth.

VATICAN CITY (AP) - Pope Benedict XVI on Wednesday told U.S. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, a Catholic who supports abortion rights, that Catholic politicians have a duty to protect life "at all stages of its development," the Vatican said. Pelosi is the first top Democrat to meet with Benedict since the election of Barack Obama, who won a majority of the Catholic vote despite differences with the Vatican on abortion.
The Vatican released remarks by the pope to Pelosi, saying Benedict spoke of the church's teaching "on the dignity of human life from conception to natural death." That is an expression often used by the pope when expressing opposition to abortion.
Benedict said all Catholics—especially legislators, jurists and political leaders—should work to create "a just system of laws capable of protecting human life at all stages of its development."
Pelosi could not immediately be reached after the 15-minute meeting, which was closed to reporters and photographers. The two met in a small room of a Vatican auditorium after the pope's weekly public audience.
A number of the bishops in the United States have questioned Pelosi's stance on abortion, particularly her theological defense of her support for abortion rights.
Benedict has cautiously welcomed the new Democratic administration, although several American cardinals have sharply criticized its support of abortion rights in a break from former President George W. Bush.
Pelosi had meetings with Italian leaders the past few days, including Premier Silvio Berlusconi.

This is what I got in an email:

[Image: visbanner_en.gif]
02.18.2009 - Nineteenth Year - Num. 32

SUMMARY:

A JUST SYSTEM OF LAWS CAPABLE OF PROTECTING HUMAN LIFE

VATICAN CITY, 18 FEB 2009 (VIS) - The Holy See Press Office released the following communique at midday today:

"Following the general audience the Holy Father briefly greeted Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, together with her entourage.

"His Holiness took the opportunity to speak of the requirements of the natural moral law and the Church's consistent teaching on the dignity of human life from conception to natural death which enjoin all Catholics, and especially legislators, jurists and those responsible for the common good of society, to work in co-operation with all men and women of good will in creating a just system of laws capable of protecting human life at all stages of its development".

OP/HUMAN LIFE/PELOSI                                                             VIS 090218 (140)

Hopefully he excommunicated the witch.
^ Or, to put it in Christian terms, hopefully that confused woman will come to the Truth. :tiphat:
matthew_talbot Wrote:Hopefully he excommunicated the witch.

She is already excommunicated latae sententiae for her stance in abortion.  She knows that but doesn't think it's a big deal.

She had met with San Francisco's archbishop a week ago and she refused to change her position:

Quote: Pelosi Refuses to Change Her Position on Abortion After Meeting with Archbishop Niederauer

By James Todd
Pewsitter.com

[Image: 0218-a0f3f44f4725.jpg]
The Archbishop of San Francisco met with Speaker Pelosi on Sunday, February 8 to discuss her views on abortion. February 18, 2009 - As U.S. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi is preparing to meet with Pope Benedict today there is some breaking news about her relationship with the Catholic Church.

Last August, Pelosi appeared on NBC’s Meet the Press and did not tell the truth about Church teaching with regard to abortion. She said it was an open question and there was no definitive teaching.

The next day, in a written statement, she backed off that position after a howl of protests went up from laity as well as Catholic bishops.

As a result of the uproar, her bishop in San Francisco, Archbishop George Niederauer issued a lengthy statement of his own. He concluded it by saying, " .. as her pastor, I am writing to invite her into a conversation with me about these matters. It is my obligation to teach forthrightly and to shepherd caringly, and that is my intent."

Michael Voris of Real CathlicTV reports today in his daily Vortex column that this meeting between Pelosi and Archbishop Niederauer took place quietly and clandestinely on Sunday, February 8th in a private residence in San Francisco. Realcatholictv.com confirmed this fact with both the Archdiocese of San Francisco and Pelosi’s office in DC.

Pelsoi’s spokesman Brendan Daly said Pelosi described the meeting as quote .. "cordial and pleasant .. a fair exchange and good."

When pressed by realcatholictv.com producer and host Michael Voris , if "good" meant that she had changed her position on abortion and finally gotten in line with Catholic teaching, Daly replied, "You won’t see that happening. She is not changing her position on abortion."

This puts the ball squarely in the archbishop’s court now. He has met with her. They explained each other’s position. She admits that she understood Church teaching incorrectly and now, presumably, understands it correctly and yet remains defiant.

What follows now is very important. The Archbishop himself is away on retreat for the rest of the week according to Archdiocese Communications Director, Maurice Healy. But when he comes back, there are some serious questions waiting. The biggest one being what is his next step.

The Archbishop has met with her and has explained Church’s teaching- - and Speaker Pelosi has said .. good meeting .. thank you. I still support abortion.

The bottom line is will Archbishop Niederauer now refuse her Holy Communion?

Your move Archbishop -- a lot of people are watching.

Apb. Niederauer can redeem the fiasco he made by giving holy Communion to two faggots (if that is too harsh a term, ok, then, homos) by formally excommunicating Pelosi.  That is what a good bishop of the Church should do.  This way Pelosi cannot get in line to receive.

Vincentius Wrote:She is already excommunicated latae sententiae for her stance in abortion. 

Says who?

Marius Wrote:^ Or, to put it in Christian terms, hopefully that confused woman will come to the Truth. :tiphat:

Yes, That is more Christian, but is she really 'confused'?  From what she has said about the Church I think she has full knowledge and full consent.  Especially now after meeting with the Pope, it is undeniable that she understands what the Church teaches.

Hopefully what happens is that Our Holy Father will now say that he has informed her of her sin, there is now no chance of invincible ignorance (we all know there never was) and her Bishop is free to excommunicate her.

However, if she is ever excommunicated, I think she will reject the authoritative action.  She will find SOME priest that would still give her communion.  The motto of Liberals is the same as the Devil's, "I will not serve."

God help Ms. Pelosi.
edomuret Wrote:
Marius Wrote:^ Or, to put it in Christian terms, hopefully that confused woman will come to the Truth. :tiphat:

Yes, That is more Christian, but is she really 'confused'?  From what she has said about the Church I think she has full knowledge and full consent.  Especially now after meeting with the Pope, it is undeniable that she understands what the Church teaches.

Hopefully what happens is that Our Holy Father will now say that he has informed her of her sin, there is now no chance of invincible ignorance (we all know there never was) and her Bishop is free to excommunicate her.

However, if she is ever excommunicated, I think she will reject the authoritative action.  She will find SOME priest that would still give her communion.  The motto of Liberals is the same as the Devil's, "I will not serve."

God help Ms. Pelosi.

I think she is confused in a more profound sense.

Even if she is excommunicated, she is not a demon in hell. Pray for her. We should never have "hope" that anyone falls from the Truth, least of all a fellow Catholic.
StevusMagnus Wrote:
Vincentius Wrote:She is already excommunicated latae sententiae for her stance in abortion.

Says who?

Says Canon Law. Do I have to look it up for you?

Canon 1398: “A person who procures a completed abortion incurs a latae sententiae excommunication.”

Who is more complicit to the crime than the lawmaker? When Pelosi states unequivocally that she supports abortion and passes laws to the effect that the act of abortion is made complete, she falls under CIC 1398. All the more because she professes to be Catholic.

Who are those who are complicit in procuring a completed abortion (it need not be "completed"; the mere intention makes it morally wrong already): driving a woman to an abortion facility is one example; or saying, Yeah I agree you should have an abortion, etc.

EDIT:  to qualify the statement, "Yeah, I agree you should have an abortion," it is not an offense that merits automatic excommunication.  It falls under committing a serious sin.
Some on here have apparently objected to my calling Queen Nancy a "witch." Normally I am very genteel in my postings, but this woman is evil incarnate. It is entirely appropriate to refer to her in those terms. She is (along with Obama, Harry Reid and Barbara Boxer) among the leading proponents of the "freedom of Choice" act which, if passed could lead to a showdown between the above mentioned pieces of garbage and Catholic Hospitals regarding their refusal to engage in the murder of children. She is what she is. She is not confused, as an earlier poster pointed out. She is despicable and has no conscience.