What did Pelosi tell the Pope?
maso Wrote:excommunication consequences are the damnation forever in Hell if you don't repent before to die.
- Hell truly exists.
Since even our holiest priests don't dare to speak so in their homilies (possibly I was sleeping the last time this happened, therefore I have to apologize), I am afraid that Mrs Pelosi will never change her mind after her encounter with the Pope.

At the church I go to now, a NO church, there have been several sermons on the reality of hell and sin and the importance of the sacraments.
ONeill Wrote:
maso Wrote:excommunication consequences are the damnation forever in Hell if you don't repent before to die.
- Hell truly exists.
Since even our holiest priests don't dare to speak so in their homilies (possibly I was sleeping the last time this happened, therefore I have to apologize), I am afraid that Mrs Pelosi will never change her mind after her encounter with the Pope.

At the church I go to now, a NO church, there have been several sermons on the reality of hell and sin and the importance of the sacraments.
Our local NO parish has a huge sign in the narthex that says, "You cannot be pro-choice and be Catholic."
You are lucky,
In France Hell, sin, Purgatory are non politically correct words in NO parishes.
I was told once of a parish where the faithfuls were to complain to their bishop about their new priest who frightened them in speaking so.

I can't wait to hear about what she said to the pope, although it's probably going to cause me to roll my eyes upward and groan in disgust.
StevusMagnus Wrote:
Vincentius Wrote:She is already excommunicated latae sententiae for her stance in abortion. 

Says who?

Says holy Mother Church
Actually, I doubt politicians are automatically excommunicated for politically supporting abortion. That isnt "procuring" and has never been treated as such. "Complicit in" is mentioned nowhere in the law.

What they are probably automatically excommunicated for in this issue...is heresy.

Belloc Wrote:[quote='matthew_talbot']
I would add most Congressional republicans of last 30 yrs-excepting Ron Paul..for passing do nothing bills, not seriosly tackling abortion issues, even when they had majority in bot hhouses, White House,etc....and generally ear tickled voters, esp Catholics, for continued votes/money.....actually GOP bigger hypocrites then the transparent Democrats.....

Which is why, unless by some miracle Ron Paul wins a nomination, I will never vote Republican again.