Pope Benedict Tells Nancy Pelosi Catholics Must Oppose Abortion
The Vatican --  Pope Benedict XVI told House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in a Wednesday meeting that Catholics have an obligation to oppose abortion. Pelosi is a longtime abortion advocate who has gone as far as supporting taxpayer funded abortions and opposing a partial-birth abortion ban. See http://www.lifenews.com/int1090.html
She's too stupid to know that she's been smacked down. The real test will be if any action is taken by the Vatican to put some muscle behind its words. Since Roe v. Wade we've seen nothing, so I expect nothing!
OldMan Wrote:She's too stupid to know that she's been smacked down. The real test will be if any action is taken by the Vatican to put some muscle behind its words. Since Roe v. Wade we've seen nothing, so I expect nothing!
Muscle? Rarely does the Vatican hire bounty hunters.
well maybe its about time?

OldMan Wrote:She's too stupid to know that she's been smacked down. The real test will be if any action is taken by the Vatican to put some muscle behind its words. Since Roe v. Wade we've seen nothing, so I expect nothing!

Nancy Pelosi is as clever as a hand-puppet and just as useful to the Obama administration.
It's not up to the Vatican to change the laws in the US. It's up to the Americans. If you want to blame someone, blame American politicians.
Quote:TNancy Pelosi is as clever as a hand-puppet and just as useful to the Obama administration.
It's not up to the Vatican to change the laws in the US. It's up to the Americans. If you want to blame someone, blame American politicians.

True, but anyone who claims the name Catholic is obligated to follow Church teaching. No one is asking the Vatican to change the vile abortion law of the United States. I would be happy if Pelosi and those of her ilk would just stop calling themselves Catholic so as not to be confused with being members of the Mystical Body of Christ. They may have been Catholic at one time, but no longer follow Church teaching and are therefore nothing more than Protestants.

Nancy Pelosi is simply a liberal shrew!
juliee Wrote:Pelosi is a longtime abortion advocate who has gone as far as supporting taxpayer funded abortions and opposing a partial-birth abortion ban.

I'd safely assume that Pelosi is no longer catholic anyway. Her "stance" on abortion automatically excommunicates her, if I'm not mistaken.
Aviz Wrote:I'd safely assume that Pelosi is no longer catholic anyway. Her "stance" on abortion automatically excommunicates her, if I'm not mistaken.

Only if it's heresy, or if her status as a politician in Congress makes it "material cooperation" with an abortion since she's voted for pro-abortion laws.

But it would be nice if the Pope started excommunicating "Catholic" politicians who are pro-abortion, so they couldn't confuse other Catholics anymore that it's an acceptable position. Maybe (see the thread in the other forum) it would even be an opportunity to bring back the anathema ritual. :)
Paul Wrote:But it would be nice if the Pope started excommunicating "Catholic" politicians who are pro-abortion, so they couldn't confuse other Catholics anymore that it's an acceptable position. Maybe (see the thread in the other forum) it would even be an opportunity to bring back the anathema ritual. :)

Friend, I would already be eternally grateful to God if the Pope simply started acting as a Pope.
Aviz Wrote:Friend, I would already be eternally grateful to God if the Pope simply started acting as a Pope.

Perhaps all the recent events over Bishop Williamson and the SSPX will be a start to that, now that the liberals have all come out opposing the Pope. And if not, then hopefully it will at least be a start for the next Pope, or the one after, to be someone not so tied to Vatican II, and be the one to start acting like a Pope again.