SSPX threatens to expel Bishop Williamson
StevusMagnus Wrote:It means Williamson is going to retract or else they wouldn't have said it.

They know he is and so they want to milk this for PR points to kill the issue.

That would be very clever if that is true. But would that make the SSPX as liars? I mean, if they did do that then would they REALLY expel him if he did not retract even though (assuming) they know he will?
Aviz Wrote:
devotedknuckles Wrote:what happened to bonifacio?
sip sip

I'm here, be not afraid.

Oh, that's what happened to you!  I was afraid we lost another one...
Slayer Wrote:
StevusMagnus Wrote:It means Williamson is going to retract or else they wouldn't have said it.

They know he is and so they want to milk this for PR points to kill the issue.

That would be very clever if that is true. But would that make the SSPX as liars? I mean, if they did do that then would they REALLY expel him if he did not retract even though (assuming) they know he will?

Though what Stevus proposes they are doing would be politically smart, it would be morally underhanded.  I don't see the SSPX doing this, especially Bp. Williamson who is an honorable man.

If they wanted PR points, Willliamson and Felly would kiss Foxman's feet at the gates of Auschwitz and beg for forgiveness like JP2 did at the wailing wall.  That ain't gonna happen.

If Williamson retracts, my guess is he will make a statement saying exactly what he retracts and why.  Then Foxman will say it's not enough, and the media storm will reignite.

The only way to get rid of the media storm is for Williamson to fall on his sword, not retract, and resign.  Then it would become Foxman vs. Williamson instead of Foxman vs. the Church, and Foxman vs. Williamson isn't newsworthy.
QuisUtDeus Wrote:Oh, that's what happened to you!  I was afraid we lost another one...

I just wanted to change the name. There were too many Bonifaces already.
QuisUtDeus Wrote:Then Foxman will say it's not enough, and the media storm will reignite.
As certain as the sun rising in the East.
columba Wrote:
QuisUtDeus Wrote:Then Foxman will say it's not enough, and the media storm will reignite.
As certain as the sun rising in the East.

Or as certain as death and taxes.
In reality all that needs to be done is for Bishop Williamson to happily continue to "review the evidence".

Media pressure would die a natural death whilst waiting for the process to conclude.

And, if necessary, further study and review of the evidence could go on indefinitely.

But instead, we have headless chickens flapping around giving interviews and appearing on TV talk shows which only results in more fuel being poured on to the fire, much to the delight of the vile media who can spin the story further and continue to apply pressure.

Unbelievable!
PilgrimageofGrace Wrote:we have headless chickens flapping around giving interviews and appearing on TV talk shows which only results in more fuel being poured on to the fire, much to the delight of the vile media who can spin the story further and continue to apply pressure.
Fr. Gaudron publicly threatened grave penalty of Bishop Williamson if he does not
  • change his opinion on a non-religious historical issue and
  • meet a stringent deadline for completing historical research supposedly sufficient for honestly changing his opinion
Fr. Gaudron said this action is being taken because "Williamson has caused great harm to our society." Not that Bishop Williamson's statements are false or against the Faith.

Demands on Bishop Williamson are equivalent to demands made by the Inquisition on heretics against the Catholic religion. Is there any historical precedent for inquisitional demands on non-heretics? If not, it would appear that fear of the media has led to treating Holocaust revisionism religiously equivalent to Catholic heresy.

Am I missing anything?
Quote:Fr. Gaudron said this action is being taken because "Williamson has caused great harm to our society
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Revenge is a dish best served for offending jews and liberals. indeed

columba Wrote:Fr. Gaudron said this action is being taken because "Williamson has caused great harm to our society." Not that Bishop Williamson's statements are false or against the Faith.

Demands on Bishop Williamson are equivalent to demands made by the Inquisition on heretics against the Catholic religion. Is there any historical precedent for inquisitional demands on non-heretics? If not, it would appear that fear of the media has led to treating Holocaust revisionism religiously equivalent to Catholic heresy.

Am I missing anything?

No. You only forgot to mention who is pulling the strings here and publicly lynching Msgr. Williamson.