Plural Marriage
I think it's sad that so many "upstanding moral christians" (or whatever you want to call them) are so threatened by what makes other people happy. Especially when it doesn't have any impact on those "upstanding moral christians" and their lives.

If this situation makes these people happy, then they should hang on tightly to it, as happiness is not something easily found in this world of hate and intolerance.
jennifermf Wrote:I think it's sad that so many "upstanding moral christians" (or whatever you want to call them) are so threatened by what makes other people happy. Especially when it doesn't have any impact on those "upstanding moral christians" and their lives.

If this situation makes these people happy, then they should hang on tightly to it, as happiness is not something easily found in this world of hate and intolerance.

I think you are missing the point, as are the people in the article.

This life isn't about happiness in this life. Please follow the rules of this forum. We don't go to poly sites and troll them.
Happy?!  I've known people who live like this - they are particularly plentiful in Northern California and Oregon/Washington.  They constantly and obsessively process everything with one another, it's like living in one long meeting where everyone has to be heard, and listen, and talk, and consider one another's points of view.  Their whole life is one long extended group therapy session.  They're the most neurotic people I've ever known. 
jennifermf Wrote:If this situation makes these people happy, then they should hang on tightly to it, as happiness is not something easily found in this world of hate and intolerance.

Refreshing words, indeed. Let's see then if we can be more "tolerant" about these issues:
  • If having sex with children makes pedophiles "happy", then they should hang on tightly to it;
  • If having sex with animals makes bestiality lovers "happy", then they should hang on tightly to it;
  • If having sex with siblings makes incestuous people "happy", then they should hang on tightly to it;
  • If marrying endless wives makes polygamists "happy", then they should hang on tightly to it;
  • If marrying animals, children or siblings makes bestiality lovers, pedophiles and incestuous folk "happy", then they should hang on tightly to it;
  • If stealing other people's legitimate propriety makes thieves, communists and anarchists "happy", then they should hang on tightly to it;
  • If cheating and lying makes dishonest people "happy", then they should hang on tightly to it; etc.
I could go on but you get my point. Freedom does not consist in making what you want or what makes you "happy", but in the ability to pursue good.
Methinks the author of the article paints a very pretty picture.  These things never last, and all the children will experience the trials of a strange broken home.

I've been around these people, and they all treat people as commodities.  No real growth ever happens, because anyone who disagrees with the status quo is quickly ousted.  "If you're not contributing to my happiness, I'm going to move on."

I don't understand how any man can watch the woman that he truly loves going into another man's bedroom for the night.
And the children raised in households such as this? I'd love to see the studies discussing the adult lives they go on to live.
Why is that society never seems to realize how bad an idea is until it has destroyed countless children?

Martin_Pen Wrote:Why is that society never seems to realize how bad an idea is until it has destroyed countless children?

Because Satan is the prince of this world.
So does that mean Amber is the bisexual one? I like this story. Hell If a guy could marry many why not a girl fall for two men and have them be cool with it. It could be worst she could of not told Alen and just cheated on him with out him knowing a damn thing. In high school I did the same thing I dated two chicks and one guy. They knew about each other and what not. I just didnt have time to keep up with it.

More power to you guys and stay strong. Your going to fight and your going to love.
Its just one big happy family...

[Image: eyes.gif] sigh
Why is this thread getting trolled like this?[Image: huh.gif]