Plural Marriage
I remember a guy back in high school that bragged that he had numerous girlfriends at once.  Until one of the girlfriends found out, and beat him up. 

He had to stay at home for a week because his injuries, and when I did see him, he had two black eyes and his face was a mess.

I guess that was the good old days.
Aviz Wrote:The girl is dressed immodestly, ggreg. It's not very appropriate to post it here.

I figured that most men would be laughing so hard that it wouldn't matter.  I've watched it now about 20 times and it still gives me a giggle.
I suppose someone's going to give me what-for for asking this, but o well:

How come we're all (self included) aghast at/mordantly amused by this article, but several men were coming out in vehement defense of the polygamous fundamentalist Mormon group last year? I realize that was different in that children were being removed from their families, but those defending them kept on talking about the Mormons as if they were providing good, solid homes with upstanding patriarchs who were taking care of their families financially (which they weren't, apparently). As gross as this arrangement here sounds, it also sounds as though it would be more stable for children than the Mormon situation.
I got lost after the description of the first living arrangement.  [Image: afraidsmiley.gif]
Satori Wrote:I suppose someone's going to give me what-for for asking this, but o well:

How come we're all (self included) aghast at/mordantly amused by this article, but several men were coming out in vehement defense of the polygamous fundamentalist Mormon group last year? I realize that was different in that children were being removed from their families, but those defending them kept on talking about the Mormons as if they were providing good, solid homes with upstanding patriarchs who were taking care of their families financially (which they weren't, apparently). As gross as this arrangement here sounds, it also sounds as though it would be more stable for children than the Mormon situation.

Well, I defended the right of a parent to keep their children, not the lifestyle.  If someone wanted to take children away from these parents, I would defend them, too, as long as they weren't having group (or any) sex in front of the children.

ggreg Wrote:
Aviz Wrote:The girl is dressed immodestly, ggreg. It's not very appropriate to post it here.

I figured that most men would be laughing so hard that it wouldn't matter.  I've watched it now about 20 times and it still gives me a giggle.

It still doesn't make it appropriate, does it?
Aviz Wrote:
ggreg Wrote:

It still doesn't make it appropriate, does it?

I didn't think she was all that immodest.  Sure, immodest for Mass, but not for gym class.
Anastasia Wrote:Well, we knew this would be the next step after gay marriage.

and of course, acceptance of value-free capitalism (greed, self interest as key to doing things)!!!!!
Quote:and of course, acceptance of value-free capitalism (greed, self interest as key to doing things)!!!!!
 But value free distributism (theft) will stop this problem?

QuisUtDeus Wrote:I didn't think she was all that immodest.  Sure, immodest for Mass, but not for gym class.

As I'm sure you know, modesty isn't just confined to Mass. For a gym class - if you can seriously call dancing around a pole a "gym" class - I guess it wouldn't be immodest if there was no-one around to watch her.

However, to post on this forum a woman pole dancing on tight shorts and a top showing off her belly for everyone to see is far from appropriate or modest, wouldn't you say so?