To be not angry at something can be a sin?
I remember seeing in the sig of voxpopulissuxx a quote from St. John Chrysostom that when someone is not angry at something when there is a good reason to be, that persons sins. I would like the primary source for that and some examples.
luigi Wrote:I remember seeing in the sig of voxpopulissuxx a quote from St. John Chrysostom that when someone is not angry at something when there is a good reason to be, that persons sins. I would like the primary source for that and some examples.

I think there has to be the distinction between anger of men and anger of God.

Like, someone who hears the Eucharistic desecrated should be angry and sorrowful for such an offence.

I found this on anger by him though: http://books.google.com/books?id=Xin-lgCec8UC&pg=PA278&lpg=PA278&dq=St.+John+Chrysostom+anger&source=bl&ots=gezV9HUpY3&sig=fJwX7ZynQxr-UEizCMA-mPmeT-I&hl=en&ei=Z4OcSY-AIYLqNMqRzJYF&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result
Ephesians 4: 21-30 Wrote: 
21 If so be that you have heard him, and have been taught in him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 To put off, according to former conversation, the old man, who is corrupted according to the desire of error. 23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind: 24 And put on the new man, who according to God is created in justice and holiness of truth. 25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak; ye the truth every man with his neighbor; for we are members one of another.

26 Be angry, and sin not. Let not the sun go down upon your anger. 27 Give not place to the devil. 28 He that stole, let him now steal no more; but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have something to give to him that suffereth need. 29 Let no evil speech proceed from your mouth; but that which is good, to the edification of faith, that it may administer grace to the hearers. 30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God: whereby you are sealed unto the day of redemption.