Racial "Separatism"
Quote:
Why doesn't a Cardinal mate with a Blue Jay?
Because he's taken a vow of chastity? :laughing: Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
i'm stayin outa this one lads.
sip sip

When people say the vast majority of American's don't marry people of other races it confuses the bejeebers out of me. I guess it's because of where I'm from. Seriously, just about every couple here is interracial. OK, not every couple is, but a lot are. Even in my family you can see it. My dad is married to a Korean, my mom is married to a Japanese, my sister is married to a Cuban, and I am married to a Filipino. My other sister is the only one who is with a white person. I'm not a social person, so I don't have many friends. However, my sister's friends are all in mixed relationships. I mean all. It isn't just us. You walk around the streets here, and that's what you see.
Quote: Hispanics are of all races

So whom should they marry?  How did we get so many variations in phenotype in Latin America, if it is 1)natural for people to have a preference for their own race 2)undesirable for the people to marry other "races."?

How would you describe the people and culture of Mexico, for instance, and how has racial "interbreeding" made them 1)lose their cultural distinction 2)lose their purity?  Why did the BVM visit them as an indigenous woman, if those people were less pure?
psr13 Wrote:When people say the vast majority of American's don't marry people of other races it confuses the bejeebers out of me. I guess it's because of where I'm from. Seriously, just about every couple here is interracial. OK, not every couple is, but a lot are. Even in my family you can see it. My dad is married to a Korean, my mom is married to a Japanese, my sister is married to a Cuban, and I am married to a Filipino. My other sister is the only one who is with a white person. I'm not a social person, so I don't have many friends. However, my sister's friends are all in mixed relationships. I mean all. It isn't just us. You walk around the streets here, and that's what you see.

I think it is because, as demonstrated by some in this thread, the majority of Americans are intellectually inferior, and ascribe the theories and predicaments of their own (supposedly) Anglo-Saxon heritage on to the rest of the world, ignoring the historic, cultural, and social realities of billions of people around the world who do not conform to their understanding of black and white.

They also cannot understand that intermarriage is defined differently in different epochs, and as people interact with those from other regions (as they have more access) they will marry those people -- as logic would have it, because the world has become dramatically mobile there will be an increase in intermarriage as people have more access.  This fact disproves the idea that it is "natural" to marry within one's own race -- it is actually natural not to marry within one's own race.  It may even be preferable to marry outside of one's race, because genetic variety lessens the prevalence of certain diseases.
Quote:
Okay, so it's just a matter of certain superficial physical features. That is why she discriminates in her preference

Yes, genius, as most arguments against intermarriage are.

If one is a francophone from mainland France, and is steeped in French culture and is a proponent its continuation, should he marry 1)a Black French citizen born in the same region and city as he, and also of the economic class and religion or 2)a White American Protestant, who speaks no French and values an American cultural and social identiy.

If you choose 2, you disprove your idea of racial preference being a matter of social and cultural proximity.  If you choose 1, you support the kind of interracial marriage found in the West, today.

I am also curious how those of us who are the product of interracial marriages are representative of a loss of purity and diminished ethnic heritage.  Please provide statistics or reliable, logical, deductive reasoning.
Sinner Wrote:
Quote:
Why doesn't a Cardinal mate with a Blue Jay?
Because he's taken a vow of chastity? :laughing: Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
[Image: laff.gif]
Quote:
Why did the BVM visit them as an indigenous woman, if those people were less pure?
Actually, she appeared as a Mestizo, which is a person of Spanish and Indian heritage, which supports interracial marriage.
didishroom Wrote:
Quote:
Why did the BVM visit them as an indigenous woman, if those people were less pure?
Actually, she appeared as a Mestizo, which is a person of Spanish and Indian heritage, which supports interracial marriage.

Better still.  I'm curious as to why she would do that.  Why would she decide to embody a certain physiognomy of racially "interbred" people, if it is indeed undesirable and problematic?

Why did God make humans capable of genetic interbreeding if it is undesirable and problematic?  If racial admixture is so fatal and "undesirable," why are we not speciated? 

Why did the Romans, the cultural and social ancestors of the Roman Catholic Church "interbreed" so frequently?  Why did Italy, during ancient and medieval history, have the least restrictive laws concerning racial intermarriage and separatism, and why were the part-African airs of Italian aristocracy allowed to inherit if they could not be recognized as "being of their stock"? Why was their genetically African admixture seen as being so insignificant that it is not often historically noted or seen as having a negative effect on how they were perceived or how they governed?

If interbreeding is so negative, why do the offspring of interracial unions typically have a social and economic status higher than that of people of their non-white ethnic heritage?

Why does racial admixture actually allow for the breeding out of certain defects, and why does actual separatist breeding in humans create genetic defects everywhere it's practiced?
Quote:
Besides, every time I look at my avatar I'm reminded of just how darn good-looking multiracial blood can get. [Image: wink.gif]

[Image: smile.gif] HK is rather good looking: will he be our country's first trad sex-symbol? [Image: embarrassed.gif]

I think I'm good looking, also; is it okay for multiracial people to admit that they're better looking than others, or is it arrogant?