Anybody brew?
Is there anybody on here that brews beer? I just recently started this great hobby. It's quite enjoyable.
I used to brew beer quite a bit, but then my living arrangements wouldn't really allow it. I'm in a better situation now, and I'm thinking of starting back up. It was a world of fun... and delicious.
It is loads of fun to brew, but consumption is even more fun.
actiofedei,
Did you brew with malt extract or with the actual grain?
When I first started off I used cans of extract, but it seemed so unnatural to me. I eventually started using grain.
All grain tastes a lot more like beer than extract. I've used extract a couple of times. One of my friends has been brewing for 15 years or so and walked me throught the process of crushing the grain, making the mash, sparging, etc, etc, etc. It's great fun. I can't wait to taste the final product.
antimodernist Wrote:All grain tastes a lot more like beer than extract. I've used extract a couple of times. One of my friends has been brewing for 15 years or so and walked me throught the process of crushing the grain, making the mash, sparging, etc, etc, etc. It's great fun. I can't wait to taste the final product.

As long as sanitation was your number one rule, you are in for a very enjoyable experience, I promise you.
Hmm, we joined FE almost exactly two year apart.
And our birthdays are only six days apart. Just sayin...
That's pretty cool.