Man With Pro-Life, Anti-Obama Sign Considered Threat
JonathanCid Wrote:O'Neill, the discussion we're having isn't about abortion, it's about this particular incident with this particular man. I am not comparing anything with the slaughter of innocents.

Yes, you defend the actions of the state against this man with more effort than you condemn the actions of the state against the unborn.

ONeill Wrote:
JonathanCid Wrote:O'Neill, the discussion we're having isn't about abortion, it's about this particular incident with this particular man. I am not comparing anything with the slaughter of innocents.

Yes, you defend the actions of the state against this man with more effort than you condemn the actions of the state against the unborn.

You're attempting to slander me, without knowing me, with no intention of staying on the actual discussion but avoiding it. I have defended the actions of the police officers, and I have said that it was appropriate. It has nothing to do with abortion itself. The appropriate discussion to be had here regards due process, not abortion.
JonathanCid Wrote:You're attempting to slander me, without knowing me, with no intention of staying on the actual discussion but avoiding it. I have defended the actions of the police officers, and I have said that it was appropriate. It has nothing to do with abortion itself. The appropriate discussion to be had here regards due process, not abortion.

Don't you see my view or the man involved?

There is more concern over due process than life. People are expected to be docile and obediant while this is going on.

ONeill Wrote:
JonathanCid Wrote:You're attempting to slander me, without knowing me, with no intention of staying on the actual discussion but avoiding it. I have defended the actions of the police officers, and I have said that it was appropriate. It has nothing to do with abortion itself. The appropriate discussion to be had here regards due process, not abortion.

Don't you see my view or the man involved?

There is more concern over due process than life. People are expected to be docile and obediant while this is going on.

Again, the issue is whether the police were justified in questioning the man or whether it was an unjust attempt to persecute the man and abuse him. You don't seem to wish to discuss this with me, and our views on abortion overlap, so, with all due respect, I refuse to carry on a circular discussion.
Abortion is of wicked intention. The status of the unborn baby as a human person is not in doubt, something for which belief is necessary to ascertain. It is in the realm of the readily-ascertainable certainty of natural law, and an honest application of reason, which is universal, reveals murder. There is no cause for doubt. Any "belief" to the contrary is not so much belief, not so much conjecture about an obscured truth, but an active denial of truth in order to justify one of the most heinous of sins. The intention here of wickedness is prior to the lie that the baby is no person.
JonathanCid Wrote:If abortion is murder, then to abort the President can be construed to mean "murder the President", no? The officers stopped him, tried to read the man and the situation, and filed the appropriate reports with the Secret Service. Doesn't sound like a big deal to me.

The news title (and a few others I've seen online) are misleading. He wasn't pulled over because he had a pro-life sign, he wasn't pulled over because he had an anti-Obama sign. And he isn't considered a threat. He was pulled over because he had a sign that could be construed as threatening, and the police did the right thing to look into it. And look into it is all they've done. Doesn't seem like the man is a threat, so nothing further will happen.

I received an e-mail this morning from a friend of mine involved with the White House and Obama's folks, and he says that the President has been receiving an unprecedented number of threats. I wouldn't doubt the police are aware of this and are sensitive to the issue - thus why they're reporting these things immediately to the Secret Service.

That's not the point, if a police officer, an official of the United Staes government recognizes that the word Abort has something to do with a killing what he's done is act in accordance to the law.  If that law is to protect the president from such horrendous action then why is it we can't protect the unborn from the same action?  It is a stark contradiction in the laws that we have on the books.

Quote:If abortion is murder, then to abort the President can be construed to mean "murder the President", no? The officers stopped him, tried to read the man and the situation, and filed the appropriate reports with the Secret Service. Doesn't sound like a big deal to me.

This is the height of irony.  The police realized their mistake because if abortion means "murder," then they would have to explain why it's not so in the case of the unborn.   Better to drop the case than muddy the waters.