Argentina is Expelling Bp. Williamson
Vincentius Wrote:Argentina was the haven for Nazi officers in exile.  Mossad, the Israeli version of the CIA, captured or executed many of these officers.  I suppose Argentina wants to save face and show the world it doesn't harbor "anti-semites."   What a joke.  Argentina, a Catholic country, expelling one of her sons.  Bp. Williamson has not been chrged yet with any crime, much less convicted, so he is not yet a persona non grata. 

But the persecution of the Church's loyals sons continues.  "Ye shall be persecuted for my sake."  (Matthew 5, 10, 24)

Ah, but the difference between Father and a NAZI is that Father didn't pay Peron in gold, so he doesn't have a firm claim to hospitality.
Vincentius Wrote:What a joke.  Argentina, a Catholic country, expelling one of her sons.
We Catholics are a conquered nation with no will to defend our own sons.
They should realize they're only polarizing people. At the beginning of all this a month or so ago, I was still quite frigid towards the SSPX (until the excommunications were lifted, I was outright opposed) and thought Williamson was just a crazy nutjob. Well, he may be, but all this is making me support him against the double-standards nonetheless, and I very much sympathize with the SSPX now, their claims of "necessity" and "persecution" suddenly seem a lot more credible.
neel Wrote:I want to write His Eminence a letter.

I'm going to bake him a cake with a file in it.  Just in case.
7HolyCats Wrote:They should realize they're only polarizing people. At the beginning of all this a month or so ago, I was still quite frigid towards the SSPX (until the excommunications were lifted, I was outright opposed) and thought Williamson was just a crazy nutjob. Well, he may be, but all this is making me support him against the double-standards nonetheless, and I very much sympathize with the SSPX now, their claims of "necessity" and "persecution" suddenly seem a lot more credible.

Similiar to me. I did not think poorly of the SSPX, but I didn't really care for Bishop Williamson's views on certain topics, but now I support him very much.
QuisUtDeus Wrote:I'm going to bake him a cake with a file in it.  Just in case.
Even if you sent him a full cabinet, what good would it do?
[Image: vertical-filing-cabinet-1.jpg]

ONeill Wrote:
QuisUtDeus Wrote:I'm going to bake him a cake with a file in it.  Just in case.
Even if you sent him a full cabinet, what good would it do?
[Image: vertical-filing-cabinet-1.jpg]

He can keep his socks in that.
I'd have him over to dinner as often as I could... the table conversation would certainly be edifying!

God forgive my country for this utterly stupid act against one of His priests!

And what is the word on the threat of expulsion from the SSPX? Was that even true?
SLCFranciscan Wrote:I would be honored to welcome him to the Diocese of Salt Lake City.  I am stepping up my prayers for him, God bless him.
The timing of Fr. Gaudron's statement about expelling +Williamson

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/apologia/vpost?id=3310512

could not have been worse because it threatens to make His Excellency into a hot potato. +Williamson cannot go to England because EU treaties might require his extradition for post-Nazi thoughtcrimes to bitterly anti-Catholic Germany. All US SSPX Faithful should petition our priests and hierarchy to welcome and His Excellancy and to demand Germany's Fr. Gaudron withdraw his imprudent remarks.
As much as I would want him to be close to where I am (relatively speaking that would be Ridgefield)  He would probably be safest in St. Marys Kansas where there would be a lot of eyes looking out for his safety.