Argentina is Expelling Bp. Williamson
columba Wrote:
PeterII Wrote:Iran is an option.
What a humiliation for all of Christendom that would be.

More like just desserts.
I wouldn't put it past Bishop Williamson to convert Iran.  "Salvation shall come from the East."
He did ask in his letter to be treated like a Jonah and cast into the sea.  Perhaps he was being a little faceitious, but looks like he is getting taken at his word.
Quote:
I wouldn't put it past Bishop Williamson to convert Iran.  "Salvation shall come from the East."
This guy seems to walk on water for you.
LRThunder Wrote:
Telemaque Wrote:I'm looking forward to his return to the United States.

I know a couple of archdioceses who could use him.  Both are in California, coincidentally.

Oh, if he could clean up the mess created by Cardinal Mahoney and his crew, it would be wonderful.  The first thing to do would be to close about half the churches in San Francisco.......

Point of information: Mahoney is Metropolitan in Los Angeles, San Franciscio's Archdiocese has its own Meropolitan.

"Blessed are they who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven;"
didishroom Wrote:This guy seems to walk on water for you.

If he did walk on water, you'd probably just say it was the water rightly rejecting him because of his views.

I believe he is a man of God given to us for these times. Whatever God's plan for him is, it will bear good fruit, whether it be martyrdom, exile or a normal ministry. 

I'm more convinced of it than ever by the relentless attacks against him.  God's messengers are never welcomed by the majority. 
Gerard Wrote:
didishroom Wrote:This guy seems to walk on water for you.

If he did walk on water, you'd probably just say it was the water rightly rejecting him because of his views.

I believe he is a man of God given to us for these times. Whatever God's plan for him is, it will bear good fruit, whether it be martyrdom, exile or a normal ministry. 

I'm more convinced of it than ever by the relentless attacks against him.  God's messengers are never welcomed by the majority. 
Bishop Williamson said during a sermon "If things are going smoothly then you should question if you are on the right side".  I am convinced that God chose this man for this suffering because He knows H.E. will suffer it well for the good of souls.  How many souls at this very moment receiving graces from the suffering of Bishop Williamson?  Only God knows.
AgnusDei1989 Wrote:I'd have him over to dinner as often as I could... the table conversation would certainly be edifying!

God forgive my country for this utterly stupid act against one of His priests!

And what is the word on the threat of expulsion from the SSPX? Was that even true?

Agnus, if he does come to the states and stops by locally, I'd be more than willing to hear him speak.