Argentina is Expelling Bp. Williamson
Ruination_ipa Wrote:What makes everyone think he would be welcome in the US? I think Obama would certainly make an example out of him by denying him entry and putting in his lot with the rest of the world which was part of his campaign promise.

Because of the US's asylum laws.  He gets off the plane in Kansas City, walks up to customs and requests asylum (with some nice affidavits prepared showing he has reason to fear persecution for exercising freedom of speech or religion).  If he can show he has reason to fear persecution, ie that the EU's extradition laws put him at risk for prosecution for his political or religious beliefs, then he would be granted asylum, if not directly by the state department, then certainly in a federal court filled by a Bush appointee.

Most Americans are hugely against holocaust-denial laws.  We have this thing called the first amendment that even liberals try to pretend to take seriously.
Telemaque Wrote:I'm looking forward to his return to the United States.

Heaven help us!
Gerard Wrote:If he did walk on water, you'd probably just say it was the water rightly rejecting him because of his views.
I agree with didishroom's assessment of your Williamsonolotry... but this is a really really funny retort.  :laughing:

Well played!
Quote:"Blessed are they who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven;"
Going on T.V. to spout personal opinions that have nothing to do with your office and with the full knowlege that these statements could land you in jail, is NOT martrydom, people!

Stop insulting the REAL martyrs who died for the FAITH and comparing them with the likes of this man who thinks pissing off Jews is worth abondoning his flock for!

What planet are you on didishroom or have you nibbled at bit to many?
He diddnt go on tv for that purpose? have you ever made a mistake? have you ever just  said something you shouldnt of? you judge the good bishop to harshly and its because of your vile hatred for the society and everything about it ads is evedent from your posts.
look in the mirror

Didn't a bunch of international Jewish bankers almost destroy this country financially just a few years ago?

And yet they still continue to kiss their backsides and expel one of the few men left on earth to defy them.

Isn't this also the same nation that didn't want Madonna, whom they consider a whore, to play the role of of one of their more popular female leaders?

Now they play the Jews whore.

Don't cry for me Argentina.
alaric Wrote:Didn't a bunch of international Jewish bankers almost destroy this country financially just a few years ago?

A few years ago? Man, it's happening now!
ixnay on the international Jewish banker conspiracy talk.

That is said with the understanding that "conspiracy" doesn't mean it's not true.  It may be true, it may not. I don't know (nor care, to a great extent, because it's out of my control). 

I do know that it's going into a grey area of the rules that I'd rather avoid.

alaric Wrote:Don't cry for me Argentina.

The truth is I never left you
All through my wild days
My mad existence
I kept my promise
Don't keep your distance

QuisUtDeus Wrote:ixnay on the international Jewish banker conspiracy talk.

That is said with the understanding that "conspiracy" doesn't mean it's not true.  It may be true, it may not. I don't know (nor care, to a great extent, because it's out of my control). 

I do know that it's going into a grey area of the rules that I'd rather avoid.
Agreed.
But it's obvious that he's being cast out for "holocaust-denial", which in an eerie way, should be beginning to spook people and start to open their eyes just who's running things on a global scale these days.

But in the end, it's the Catholic's fault for getting pushed around and not standing up for one of our one, don't think that Rome doesn't look like a bunch of cowards to the rest of the world, everyone is watching this little charade with Williamson being played out.