Official: Obama to cut deficit in half
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090222/ap_o...ama_budget

Quote:WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama has committed hundreds of billions of dollars to help revive the economy and is working on a plan to cut the federal deficit in half by the end of his first term.

Obama will touch on his efforts to restore fiscal discipline at a White House fiscal policy summit on Monday and in an address to Congress on Tuesday. On Thursday he plans to send at least a summary of his first budget request to Capitol Hill. The bottom line, said an administration official Saturday, is to halve the federal deficit to $533 billion by the time his first term ends in 2013. He inherited a deficit of about $1.3 trillion from former President George W. Bush.

The official, speaking on condition of anonymity because the president has not yet released his budget for the fiscal year 2010, which begins Oct. 1, said the deficit will be shrunk by scaling back Iraq war spending, ending the temporary tax breaks enacted by the Bush administration for those making $250,000 or more a year, and streamlining government.

Of course Obama will halve the deficit - he'll just print more money!
The President has confirmed that it will be possible to cut the deficit in half by 2013.
If y'all had just elected me as President/King/Emperor/His Americannic Majesty, Supreme Overlord of these United States of DOOM and DESTRUCTION, I would have ended the entire deficit by now.

But you didn't, so I blame every voter for the current predicament we're in now.
FOOLS if you believe this!
nothin but a bunch of FOOLS!
sip sip

The_Harlequin_King Wrote:If y'all had just elected me as President/King/Emperor/His Americannic Majesty, Supreme Overlord of these United States of DOOM and DESTRUCTION, I would have ended the entire deficit by now.

But you didn't, so I blame every voter for the current predicament we're in now.

:laughing: We are terribly sorry and filled with awesome regret!