Scandal: SSPX priest assists at Novus Ordo Mass by local Spanish Novus Ordo bishop
Perhaps a read of Archbishop Lefebvre's book "An Open Letter to Confused Catholics" would help:
URL: http://sspxasia.com/Documents/Society_of_Saint_Pius_X/OpenLetterToConfusedCatholics/Chapter-4.htm

Quote:

The New Mass, even when said with piety and respect for the liturgical rules, is subject to the same reservations since it is impregnated with the spirit of Protestantism. It bears within it a poison harmful to the faith. That being the case the French Catholic7 of today finds himself in the conditions of religious practice which prevail in missionary countries. There, the inhabitants in some regions are able to attend Mass only three or four times a year. The faithful of  our country should make the effort to attend once each month at the Mass of All Time, the true source of grace and sanctification, in one of those places where it continues to be held in honor.

I owe it to truth to say and affirm without fear of error that the Mass codified by St. Pius V--and not invented by him, as some often say--express clearly these three realities: sacrifice, Real Presence, and the priesthood of the clergy.  It takes into account also, as the Council of Trent has pointed out, the nature of mankind which needs outside help to raise itself to meditation upon divine things. The established customs have not been made at random, they cannot be overthrown or abruptly abolished with impunity. How many of the faithful, how many young priests, how many bishops, have lost the faith since the introduction of these reforms! One cannot thwart nature and faith without their taking their revenge.

Some seem to want a schism.
Quote:Some seem to want a schism.

For quoting the Archbishop, I want schism? The NO service is poison, as the good Archbishop reminds us. Poison should be avoided especially poison which effects our spiritual welfare and salvation. By attendance at such "services" we risk that the ill-effects of this poison will "take their revenge" (i.e. loss of Faith) as the Archbishop clearly warns us. That is why I hope Father Novak et al.  did not attend the NO service as a gesture to the Mexican bishop. Any Traditional laity or priest makes scandal and grave sin by their attendance since to do so undermines the fact of the danger to the Faith (especially to innocent laity), that this abomination (i.e. new mass)  really is.

cheers,

Peter
It seems I struck a guilty nerve on someone.

I did not aim that comment at a person in particular you know.
Dear ONeill

I just thought you were one of those "confused Catholics" hence the citation of ArchBp. Lefebvre's book "  An Open Letter to Confused Catholics". Please read it since it has helped many including myself to understand the crisis.

cheers,

Peter
peter Wrote:Dear ONeill

I just thought you were one of those "confused Catholics" hence the citation of ArchBp. Lefebvre's book "  An Open Letter to Confused Catholics". Please read it since it has helped many including myself to understand the crisis.

cheers,

Peter

I've read it.
  I dont think St Peter's will crumble if They are in the same room!!! Amen Dr Bombay!!!!
peter Wrote:
Quote:Some seem to want a schism.

For quoting the Archbishop, I want schism? The NO service is poison, as the good Archbishop reminds us. Poison should be avoided especially poison which effects our spiritual welfare and salvation. By attendance at such "services" we risk that the ill-effects of this poison will "take their revenge" (i.e. loss of Faith) as the Archbishop clearly warns us. That is why I hope Father Novak et al.  did not attend the NO service as a gesture to the Mexican bishop. Any Traditional laity or priest makes scandal and grave sin by their attendance since to do so undermines the fact of the danger to the Faith (especially to innocent laity), that this abomination (i.e. new mass)  really is.

cheers,

Peter

The doctors still have to see the patient to prescribe a cure. 
Does Father Lawrence Novak have a brother who is a priest also called Fr. Kenneth Novak?
ggreg Wrote:Does Father Lawrence Novak have a brother who is a priest also called Fr. Kenneth Novak?

Yes