TLM funeral denied!!!
 Has anyone else seen these articles??? This is a travesty that a Monsignor cannot have what he has fought for!!

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/

There are two articles on this beloved Monsignor who gave his all for the TLM in Manila!!!!
Here's the permanent link.
The impiety of these priests is simply unbelievable. Nakapangigilabot as we say in Tagalog. May Msgr. Andrade intercede for the TLM community in Manila, because God knows we really need it.
Although the Philippines is a heavily Catholic country and many devotions do seem to flourish, and certainly many pious Filipinos in this country have kept their parishes afloat....still, the dissention to the Holy Father's requests to make the TLM available has been great, perhaps as bad as Europe in this regard.

Shame on obstinate prelates.  And shame on those who refuse this holy priest his Requiem Mass.
Matamoros Wrote:The impiety of these priests is simply unbelievable. Nakapangigilabot as we say in Tagalog. May Msgr. Andrade intercede for the TLM community in Manila, because God knows we really need it.

Matamoros, perhaps EDSA power might be what is needed to be implemented to get those in the hierarchy moving in the direction of Tradition. I remember reading that it was EDSA (I'm not sure what it stands for in the native tongue) that toppled the oppressive Marcos regime (and put Cory Aquino in place and this was down with the power of the Rosary vs. army tanks), brought down another despotic president, Joseph Estrada, and EDSA help keep Gloria Arroyo in office. So why not use EDSA to persuade Crrdinal Santos to implement the immemorial Catholic Mass as the will of the Holy Father.

EDIT: Found this: EDSA is the acronym for Epifanio De los Santos Avenue, where the people power revolution took place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_Power_Revolution
How sad. A priest devotes his life to the TLM, and then is denied one for his own Requiem Mass. I hope priest readers of Rorate take the poster up on his suggestion, and offer Masses for this poor priest.
   I wonder what would happen if we submitted this to Rome? Nothing probably.[Image: shrug.gif]