H.E. Bishop Williamson Lampooned at Rosenmontagszug
Marisa Wrote:Same old, same old. It's okay to bash Catholics, and nothing will happen to you. No fear of being arrested. Now if the tables were turned....
Imagine the hysterical response to a float that pictured anti-Catholics as devils.
Stephanos Wrote:Not to mention the float looks asinine.
The anti-Catholic float sponsors have deep pockets if they can freely spend on an extravagance like this. I wonder if the float sponsor identities will be reported in the news media.

Such a blatant display of raw hatred against Catholics and ethnic Germans should qualify for civil and criminal prosecution under the draconian hate crime laws of Germany. I'm sure that prosecutors from the office busy on the +Williamson case will tackle the float issue right away.
No problem. This is a joke. They try to defame Bp. Williamson, but this is free publicity. Especially, as the Carnival Parade is not official and made to make jokes about people.

I even find this funny. But of course I do not react the same way an extreme left-winger, a neocon, or a Zionist activist would. They might feel by this parade, that they are justified in expelling, deporting and threatening Bp. Williamson with death by a Mossad death squad.

Bp. Williamson is now a famous person. So what. This is a mere incident. Eventually truth will come out, and the Germans know that the media exaggerate things. The Germans like in Communist and Nazi eras, know that presently the media are not entirely free either. But they are too silent. They comply. Too often.
Did anyone notice the tail on the devil? It says "Pius-Bruder" You think this is supposed to be a connection between Williamson and the supposed anti-semtic Pius XII?
didishroom Wrote:Did anyone notice the tail on the devil? It says "Pius-Bruder" You think this is supposed to be a connection between Williamson and the supposed anti-semtic Pius XII?

Piusbrüder means "Society of St. Pius X" (Piusbruderschaft) in German. It alleges all SSPX are "antisemites" and antisemitic devils.
HMiS Wrote:No problem. This is a joke. They try to defame Bp. Williamson, but this is free publicity. Especially, as the Carnival Parade is not official and made to make jokes about people.
Probably there are certain topics exempt from jokes and certain people that are never portrayed as devils. Recognizing double standards is necessary for resisting propaganda deployed to subjugate a target population.