New New York Bishop Timothy Dolan Strongly Pro-Life
New York, NY -- New York City is considered the abortion capital of the U.S., with more abortions done per 1,000 women than anywhere else in the nation. However, the metropolis is about to get a new pro-life advocate in Timothy Dolan, the former Milwaukee Archbishop Pope Benedict has chosen to succeed Cardinal Edward Egan.

Full story at: http://www.lifenews.com/state3822.html
correct link:
http://www.LifeNews.com/state3882.html
You won't believe it, but remember this?:

[Image: CheeseheadBishopDolan.jpg]

That's Bishop Dolan.

Dauphin:
Seriously?  Is that the best you can do?

What point does your post serve?

You DO know that it is during the homily, don't you?
You DO know that it was one of the first Masses he appeared at publicly in Milwaukee, don't you?
You DO know about Milwaukee's love of the Packers, don't you?
You DO see how donning the cheesehead during a homily at one of his first Masses after being announced/installed (I forget which) can help endear him to the locals, don't you?

Arch. Dolan came from St. Louis to be archbishop of Milwaukee.  He donned the cheesehead as a "hey I'm one of you guys".

Seriously.

Also, it's ARCHbishop Dolan.

Give the man some respect.

I live in the Green Bay Diocese which is just north of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee and Archbishop Dolan has long been seen as a very orthodox Bishop.  I was really surprised to hear that he was being moved, but I think it's going to be a good move.  Perhaps with an even bigger or more vocal archdiocese he will be able to better sway American Catholicism.

Anyone know anything about the previous Archbishop in New York, Archbishop Egan?
CollegeCatholic Wrote:Dauphin:

You DO know that it was one of the first Masses he appeared at publicly in Milwaukee, don't you?
You DO see how donning the cheesehead during a homily at one of his first Masses after being announced/installed (I forget which) can help endear him to the locals, don't you?

Arch. Dolan came from St. Louis to be archbishop of Milwaukee.  He donned the cheesehead as a "hey I'm one of you guys".

Seriously.

This isn't Catholic Answers. The endless apologetics for absurd behavior on the part of prelates doesn't belong here. I didn't expect to have to deal with it on fisheaters, so I'll just ignore it.

Anyone who understands what the Mass is knows what's wrong with that picture.

Dauphin Wrote:

Seriously.

This isn't Catholic Answers. The endless apologetics for absurd behavior on the part of prelates doesn't belong here. I didn't expect to have to deal with it on fisheaters, so I'll just ignore it.

I know it's not Catholic Answers.  The title at the top says so.  "Fish Eaters."

But you didn't answer or respond to ANYTHING I said.

What purpose does your post serve?

Is an Archbishop's head attire/gear prescribed in the rubrics?  If so, please document it. 

The purpose, as far as I can tell, is to insult the name of Archbishop Dolan as something of a liberal because he donned a cheesehead in a homily.

If he cannot do so, please tell me where.

And, do not ignore things.  It makes you nothing less than a drive-by poster.
Dauphin Wrote:

Seriously.

Also, I suppose the endless bashing of prelates DOES belong here, at least in your view?
Archbishop Dolan will be an improvement over Cardinal Egan. If the  new Archbishop is elevated to Cardinal (as is tradition with the Archbishop of NY) it will be a positive move.
Cardinal Egan stood firmly in the middle paying lipservice to whomever he thought would benefit him the most. He was a highly political, media savvy prelate.