Mass for all time returns to the newman center UofT
is this a one time thing or is it perpetual?
UT in my corner of the world usually stands for University of Texas. I can hardly see a TLM at their Newman Ctr, if they even have one. More likely to see that at A&M if at all.
mom Wrote:UT in my corner of the world usually stands for University of Texas.

Same here.
yep!
university of Toronto.

Wonderful news! Fr. Venette used to travel to my city (Kitchener) to offer the TLM when he was still at Queen of Angels in St. Catharines.
Dauphin: Any idea where the new parish will be?
I am interested in attending the TLM, this one is easy for me to get to, but I want to know if I can count on it being there once I'm finished the RCIA at my church. I assume It will be but I may be wrong.
It's strange that Toronto, the nation's capital, has been without a diocesan TLM for so long; although it does have an SSPX priory
Tiny Wrote:It's strange that Toronto, the nation's capital, has been without a diocesan TLM for so long; although it does have an SSPX priory

Actually, Ottawa is the nation's capital. Toronto is the capital of the province of Ontario. :)  I think there are other diocesan TLMs in Toronto,  if I'm not mistaken.
Yes the sspx has a chapel here in etobikoke. also parkdale (sunyside)has  daily TLM"s offered by the Oratorians at Holy family 6 days a week and High mass every Sunday at st Vincent DE Paul's. also a Latin novus order all within 3 kilometers or so of each other.  i believe the FSSP offers the TLM at Holy Cross on the danforth in Greektown. anyway
 as far as i am aware the TLM at Newman  center Saint Thomas Aquinas chapel is a one off until further notice. Though i could be mistaken.
Not to be picky because im a pretty laid back lad, but i pray the, how can i put it, the circular Jesus with one hand reaching from the cross floating in mid air  and the Jesus of the universe processional Cross the with Jesus floating in front of Saturn or some other big planet with his arms out stretched somehow are not visible. (THIS IS NO JOKE!!!)
It is a very small chapel which has been demolished (renovated) to a hideous extant. I cant begin to describe what they have done after seeing old photos from the late 20's my heart was ripped out! the Tabernacle is practically hidden.  if only the red carpet was gone. if only all the pews faced the alter and the alter was in its proper place instead its been rearranged in a 3 sided pews facing each other which a huge holy water font in the middle. only one set of pews faces the alter and there are no kneelers. (when i attended daily n.o. being brain washed as any fine student  i loved that most about the chapel.)
sip sip!

edit to add
now thinkin about it i remember jesus haviving both hands rising from the cross as the cross and him are floating on two wires.
sip sip
Thanks for posting all that info devotedknuckles... much appreciated.