Archbishop Dolan Coming To New York
DrBombay Wrote:
Irenaeus Wrote:
DrBombay Wrote:I'm certainly glad there's no one following me around with a camera taking candid photos of me. Otherwise I'd be haunted for the rest of my life by one photo of an ill-conceived misstep and be forever judged by it.

OK, maybe two photos. :sneaky:

The photo reveals his attitude towards the liturgy, which shows he doesn't take it all that seriously. Faith in the Eucharist will continue to be weak in the NO until, the priests begin to show the utmost reverence during Holy Mass.

Hotspur Wrote:...Due to the utter proliferation of douchebaggery on this forum...

Yeah, what he said.

The "douchebags" on this forum are the hotheads who can't take it when someone disagrees with them.
I only wish he were more traditional, but it could've gone far worse than him. Prayers for the new cheese-seriously.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
Magdalene Wrote:The fact that he donned a cheese head at the beginning of one homily does not show what he is truly made of.  Like Pope JP II kissing the koran in 1986, it is time to get over it. Was it entirely appropriate? Maybe not but that does not mean that the Archbishop does clown masses as a follow up.

Two or three years ago, there was a nationally broadcast Christmas Eve special (it wasn't a Mass) from his Cathedral. I believe it was called, "Celebrating Light and Hope".

Halfway through the program a group of girls in African garb, danced into the sactuary and began to leap around the altar while, other girls frantically played bongo drums (yes I'm serious).

He may be one of the better Bishops in the U.S. but, I can't be optimistic.
Irenaeus Wrote:
DrBombay Wrote:
Irenaeus Wrote:
DrBombay Wrote:I'm certainly glad there's no one following me around with a camera taking candid photos of me. Otherwise I'd be haunted for the rest of my life by one photo of an ill-conceived misstep and be forever judged by it.

OK, maybe two photos. :sneaky:

The photo reveals his attitude towards the liturgy, which shows he doesn't take it all that seriously. Faith in the Eucharist will continue to be weak in the NO until, the priests begin to show the utmost reverence during Holy Mass.

Hotspur Wrote:...Due to the utter proliferation of douchebaggery on this forum...

Yeah, what he said.

The "douchebags" on this forum are the hotheads who can't take it when someone disagrees with them.

Or the hotheads who won't cut anyone a break and automatically assume evil intent. The new Arch may not be perfect but neither am I. Maybe he's allowed to make a mistake?
DrBombay Wrote:Or the hotheads who won't cut anyone a break and automatically assume evil intent. The new Arch may not be perfect but neither am I. Maybe he's allowed to make a mistake?

Evil intent? You're reading way too much into my comments. All I'm saying is that I don't think anyone should be too optimistic about him.

DrBombay Wrote:Or the hotheads who won't cut anyone a break and automatically assume evil intent. The new Arch may not be perfect but neither am I. Maybe he's allowed to make a mistake?

Yeah, that's us.  Hotheads.  Quiver in fear as we storm Casa Bombay toting torches and pitchforks, screaming for your skin.  Just because I don't want to sing kumbaya with the man doesn't mean I'm some crazy militant on a witch hunt.
Irenaeus Wrote:Two or three years ago, there was a nationally broadcast Christmas Eve special (it wasn't a Mass) from his Cathedral. I believe it was called, "Celebrating Light and Hope".

Halfway through the program a group of girls in African garb, danced into the sactuary and began to leap around the altar while, other girls frantically played bongo drums (yes I'm serious).

Are there any reports or video of this? Thanks.

StevusMagnus Wrote:
Irenaeus Wrote:Two or three years ago, there was a nationally broadcast Christmas Eve special (it wasn't a Mass) from his Cathedral. I believe it was called, "Celebrating Light and Hope".

Are there any reports or video of this? Thanks.

It was in 2006.  It was not a Mass.
http://www.archmil.org/news/ShowNews.asp?ID=2698
It was actualy the USCCB's program which took place at his Cathedral.