Traditional Christmas Prayer
stil going
Daniel

Still going here, too. The other day I stayed up till 3:30 in the AM, and let me tell you, I did NOT want to kneel and pray those prayers before bed. Somehow, (Through God's grace I'm sure!) I managed it.

kzarah Wrote:

Where in the novena should I include my request. Should I make my request each time before saying the prayer? Also, I told my Christian friend about this prayer/novena and he is going to give it a go. Laus tibi Domine.

Daniel

I usually state my petition/intention/request after completing the prayers. I have two petitions and it's all I am asking for this Advent/Christmas season. You may ask/request a different petition for each day. There is much to ask for, conversion, sick family member, end of abortion, etc. Heaven would know how to sort them out.

Everyone keeping up with this? I'm still going...
still going
Daniel

I am going to have to include this post in the Christmas prayer of thanks to BVM question as well because one of my request was to get through to my friends protestant mother that:  The Catholic Church authenticated the books used in the New Testament, That Mary really is the Mother Of God, That the BVM remained a virgin, that she was born without original sin,  She also accepts that there was nothing ordinary about the BVM and she started to cry when I asked her if she loved BVM and responded yes.  I definitely got the impression that she was accepting/believing what I had taught her.  I also was able to explain to her successfully why we have seven more books in the Old Testament.  I couldn't really say that she was completely in agreement with that one but she did listen without interrupting me.  Mind you this woman teaches bible study at her protestant church.  This is a woman who before when I would try to mention these teaching would cover her hears, refuse to listen and start crying no no no.  I have to say I am quite shocked at what just happened.  She was also receptive to oral tradition said that she would like to take home with her to read a booklet on Sola Scriptura and a print out on purgatory.  So Hallelujah Jesus one petition I requested was answered.  Can you Say amen. 
Daniel
I also convinced her that the people she sees on TV who present themselves as Catholic are not Catholic.
Daniel