Former Seminarian says Williamson Article Inaccurate
7HolyCats Wrote:I think Father showed incredible discretion in his statements. Like St Thomas More. Williamson, on the other hand, was incredibly imprudent, walked right into it.
Bishop Williamson has no hesitation butchering PC sacred cows but I have never heard nor would I ever expect to hear of him gossiping about fellow religious to the yellow press.
As far as I am aware, imprudence is not a sin; however telling a lie is. I'm sorry, Dom Augustine Oppenheimer, but in the circumstances, I still don't see how Bp. Williamson did anything wrong.
St. Thomas says imprudence is a sin.

(I don't really know enough about the situation to say whether or not Bishop Williamson actually committed the sin of imprudence.)
Just as a general point of interest, Father Oppenheimer is the grandson (I think) of the Oppenheimer who built the first atomic bombs.  He is definitely related to him, not 100% sure how.  I met him once at the seminary.  Nice chap, very clever indeed.
SaintSebastian Wrote:St. Thomas says imprudence is a sin.

(I don't really know enough about the situation to say whether or not Bishop Williamson actually committed the sin of imprudence.)

Thanks, SaintSebastian.:)

I guess time will tell who has been imprudent and who has not.