+Williamson meeting defense team at Heathrow?
columba Wrote:Somebody should have arranged a private flight.

Have you any idea how much that would cost?

columba Wrote:
frerejacques Wrote:I hope someone tells Bishop Williamson about this leak and has a chat with him about opportunists.  They aren't interested in his soul, really, are they?
And the SSPX leadership is? I hope nobody intends to carry through with the German SSPX threat to expel H.E. in a few days if he does not publicly lie about his historical beliefs.

He doesn't have to lie even if he doesn't change his mind.  He could have doubt and say that: "Upon review of the new material, I can not conclusively say that the gassing didn't not happen."  Or, he could say, "It is now clear to me that I do not have the expertise to come to a conclusion on the issue, so I retract my previous statement and will not comment on the subject in the future."  Etc.

Though anyone would buckle under extreme pressure, I don't think Williamson is one to fold up like a lawn chair and tell a lie.  I think he will tell the truth in the best light possible.  So, whatever he ends up saying, even if it's that he believes 6 million died in gas chambers, I'm going to assume he's telling the truth.
ggreg Wrote:

Probably more than most people's houses.
Bishop Williamson, despite all my disagreement with him, has every right to speak his mind and I hope that justice will be done in allowing the man to speak it. Everyone in turn has their own right to formulate their own opinion of him in regards to what he says, but he has a right to speak his mind.
For this defense:

- Is Williamson paying for this out of his own pocket?

- Is this team by Renouf paying for it?

- Or is the SSPX with parishoner donations paying for it?  I figured that the SSPX was doing this for the Fr. Doran defense in Post Falls, and that is when my donations went to other Traditionalists group beside the SSPX priests.

Is Renouf a lawyer as well.  I am not sure.  Still having a women heading this team is interesting.

Quote:"A woman can do a good imitation of handling ideas, but then she will not be thinking properly as a woman. Did this lawyeress check her hairdo before coming into court? If she did, she is a distracted lawyer. If she did not, she is one distorted woman."

Bishop Williamson - From one of his letters from the Winona Seminary
Credo Wrote:Whether or not what they discover supports Williamson's position, the verboten status of the "Holocaust" must end. This is unhealthy for academic debate.

I agree totally. 

A couple years ago I finished my Masters Degree at a fairly liberal Jesuit university.  The first course I was required to take for my program was "Critical Thinking". Critical thinking basically means that one must never accept the "facts" in any situation, but rather arrive at the truth by critically examining the evidence.  Liberals love critical thinking and the idea of "academic freedom" - when it supports their agenda...  No doubt critical thinking can be abused, but if "truth" is sincerely the objective it is very valuable. 

Bishop Williamson is doing nothing more than exercising academic freedom by way of critical thinking.  He said in the original interview that caused this uproar that he would likely change his mind if he could find convincing evidence to the contrary.  So what it the big deal?

"The truth will set you free".  The only people that are afraid of the truth in any given situation are the ones trying to hide something.

I may not agree with Bishop Williamson’s conclusions but I respect him for having the spine to stand by his convictions in the face of adversity.  Wouldn't it be refreshing to have Catholic Bishops that actually did this with the Faith?

Tulkas Wrote:Is Renouf a lawyer as well.  I am not sure.  Still having a women heading this team is interesting.

Quote:"A woman can do a good imitation of handling ideas, but then she will not be thinking properly as a woman. Did this lawyeress check her hairdo before coming into court? If she did, she is a distracted lawyer. If she did not, she is one distorted woman."

Bishop Williamson - From one of his letters from the Winona Seminary
Renouf is certainly gracious for defending +Williamson but I don't think she is a lawyer.

You repeat +Williamson's statement without comment as though to simulate a criticism where you provide none. I'm sure H.E is speaking in the context of how best to cultivate saintly Catholic womanhood.
ggreg Wrote:
Probably there are corporate charter flights from Buenas Aires to London with empty seats available every day but I'll concede that +Williamson's out-of-favor status would make such a seat too difficult to arrange on such short notice.
Not familiar with "corporate charter flights" but I assume you mean privately chartered jets.  One of those across the Atlantic is several hundred thousand pounds.

Not sure that the spare capacity on these flight is rented out to complete and total strangers.  That would seem slightly odd and would somewhat defeat the object of privacy and exclusivity wouldn't it?

What I don't understand is why he wouldn't simply book a business class ticket (fully refundable) and then walk up to the ticketing desk the day before and fly out early like the third little pig.  If you wanted to avoid a media scrum I am sure it would be possible to side step it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7911582.stm

newschoolman Wrote:Williamson did have one supporter at Heathrow; Michele Renouf, a socialite turned documentary-maker, said she wanted to represent and support him in getting his views across to the public.

Let's hope he doesn't associate himself with this woman or accept her support. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michele_Renouf