Reusable toilet paper
leome Wrote:there is a point where being green is no longer green....
Exactly! So you save the Earth by not flushing toilet paper, but you use extra amounts of water down your washing machine cleaning those reusable towels? Doesn't make sense to me. I can only imagine the amounts of laundry reusable toilet paper would cause.
Ummmm, I didn't say that! :laughing:

CanadianCatholic Wrote:
brown perhaps?

Exactly!

Mommie2Boys Wrote:
Exactly! So you save the Earth by not flushing toilet paper, but you use extra amounts of water down your washing machine cleaning those reusable towels? Doesn't make sense to me. I can only imagine the amounts of laundry reusable toilet paper would cause.
Um...isn't normal TP reusable?
Quote:I personally have no desire to use reusable toiletpaper, but I guess I don't see what the big deal is. How are they any different than using a wet washcloth to wipe a baby's dirty bottom (which everyone used before someone invented disposable baby wipes)? Or cloth diapers for a baby?

OK, Aviano has a point. But homes with babies generally do laundry a lot more often. If you do laundry just a couple of days a week, just think how long those used towels are going to sit in your laundry hamper stinking and growing bacteria. Blech!
they really aren't that bad as long as they are only used for #1 and not #2

I've used them in a pinch when money was tight and didn't mind.

Quote: Um...isn't normal TP reusable?
[Image: huh.gif]
ONeill Wrote:Um...isn't normal TP reusable?

Maybe on a vegan diet.
Studies show that properly cleaning cloth diapers (rinsing, washing drying) equals the damage to the enviroment as  disposables. Plus...babies get rashes more often too, they dont breathe as well...so Ive heard anyways
You might like this article. It's humorus but brings up good points.

5 Ways People Are Trying to Save the World (That Don't Work)By Son Tran [Image: world_large.jpg]
[-]
  •