Reusable toilet paper
Spooky Wrote:
Quote:That advertising angle actually is published as a benefit for the menstrual cups in "deep ecology" publications! To these wackos the menstrual discharge is the equivilent of goddess juice to be used for annointings among other practices.

[Image: eyes.gif] I tried those cups more than 10 years ago and it was marketed as a money saver and more convenient not to mention less messy. Not inner God/ess crap. I love the things.
Are you a Diva Cup girl or a Keeper girl? 
[Image: Fingers%20In%20Ears.gif]

I liked this thread better when it was about poop.
I'm stealing that emoticon for future use...
Satori Wrote:
Spooky Wrote:
Quote:That advertising angle actually is published as a benefit for the menstrual cups in "deep ecology" publications! To these wackos the menstrual discharge is the equivilent of goddess juice to be used for annointings among other practices.

[Image: eyes.gif] I tried those cups more than 10 years ago and it was marketed as a money saver and more convenient not to mention less messy. Not inner God/ess crap. I love the things.
Are you a Diva Cup girl or a Keeper girl? 

Actually, it was called "Instead". They're disposal cups, still cheaper than tampons and pads.
WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:[Image: Fingers%20In%20Ears.gif]

Blame it on Dark Knight, he started it.

"Getting in touch with your femininity" must be ad-speak for "doing the rough biological equivalent of snaking a drain."
Spooks, I recommend the silicone cups.

Is it just a guy thing to have to at the very least pretend that menstruation makes you uncomfortable?

Poop, pee, and vomit (especially if it is the result of alcohol) are all a-ok but the total equivalent of a shot glass full of blood is "revolting?'

Puh-lease.

I'm convinced that guys feel they have to pretend to like big boobs, blond hair, victoria's secret catalogs, ultimate fighting, football, cheap beer and hobo fights while pretending to hate periods, tampons, makeup, and holding their wives' purses or else they get their Man-Cards revoked at the next meeting.

Paloma Wrote:

Is it just a guy thing to have to at the very least pretend that menstruation makes you uncomfortable?

Poop, pee, and vomit (especially if it is the result of alcohol) are all a-ok but the total equivalent of a shot glass full of blood is "revolting?'

Puh-lease.

I'm convinced that guys feel they have to pretend to like big boobs, blond hair, victoria's secret catalogs, ultimate fighting, football, cheap beer and hobo fights while pretending to hate periods, tampons, makeup, and holding their wives' purses or else they get their Man-Cards revoked at the next meeting.

I reserve the right to think menstration is icky.  Just like women endlessly parade their blather on and on and on about not being able to operate a toilet seat properly.
Okay don't stone me, fellow ladies, but I can understand where DarkKnight is coming from. For the record, there is a huge following of Goddessy women who do indeed, use the cups and reusable pads so they can water their plants or sprinkle the earth with their discharge. :shrug:
Mommie2Boys Wrote:Okay don't stone me, fellow ladies, but I can understand where DarkKnight is coming from. For the record, there is a huge following of Goddessy women who do indeed, use the cups and reusable pads so they can water their plants or sprinkle the earth with their discharge. :shrug:

Those of us who use them for economy, convenience and health purposes do not want to be tarred with the same brush.

I'll grant Walberg the right to think menstruation is icky if he can explain to me why men get to pee on the floor and not clean it up. THAT'S icky.
WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
Paloma Wrote:

Puh-lease.

I reserve the right to think menstration is icky.  Just like women endlessly parade their blather on and on and on about not being able to operate a toilet seat properly.

No, no, no...it is MEN that do not know how to properly operate the toilet seat. Or aim within the toilet seat, for that matter.

How did Frau Walberg find herself such a catch!? :P

;)

Aviano Wrote:
WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:I reserve the right to think menstration is icky.

Menstruation is icky.

But my husband thinks ultimate fighting rules! [Image: waytogo.gif]

Ahem. It isn't icky at all.

At most, I'd say it is private. As in, it is okay to talk about but nobody really needs a visual aid.