Reusable toilet paper
Paloma Wrote:At most, I'd say it is private. As in, it is okay to talk about but nobody really needs a visual aid.

Like poop.
I will say that I never realized how much I loved seeing my Aunt Flo come to town until she didn't one day !:) JK
Paloma Wrote:How did Frau WRC find herself such a catch!? :P

;)

The lesson here to the ladies is to not meet guys in bars.  :)
It's gross, but not near as gross as reusable pads/cups.  Those are...just...no.  But then, I am strongly effected by the odor of blood.  And the sight of it.  As in, my whole vision goes wack just seeing someone else's blood drawn.
May I make a nomination of the first topic that I'd like to ban from my website vision via the forthcoming blog software? 
OCLittleFlower Wrote:It's gross, but not near as gross as reusable pads/cups.  Those are...just...no.  But then, I am strongly effected by the odor of blood.  And the sight of it.  As in, my whole vision goes wack just seeing someone else's blood drawn.

MAN ALERT! I'm going to talk about periods!

Okay, now this is just silly. If you're female, nubile, and have normal physiology, there is no way to avoid the sight and smell of blood. Oh, unless you're on powerful birth control hormones, that is, but if you think about it, those are much scarier than having to clean up a few ounces of blood each month.

Conventional menstrual products, which I used for years, are disgusting. Yes, disgusting. They are MORE disgusting than the Diva Cup, which is neat and clean and -- after you've had a little practice -- a much tidier way to deal with your flow than pads and tampons, which, might I add, are not only nasty to deal with while you're using them, they make for embarrassing little parcels of foulness in the trash and they make the bathroom STINK. The best, cleanest way to take care of Aunt Flo if the sight and smell of blood makes you queasy is to get a reusable cup. Empty, rinse, done. No sight or smell of blood.

Furthermore, conventional menstrual products are not sterile. Did you know that? They look like nice, clean white cotton, don't they? Well, they're white all right -- from bleach. Do you want bleach in your most vulnerable areas? I sure don't. I also don't want something that isn't sterile in that area. Nor something that is known to shed fibers internally. But hey, if you want to increase your likelihood of infections and deal with stinky, embarrassing trash because Kotex ads have convinced you that reusable cups are gross and an affront to dainty femininity, go right ahead!  
I agree with Satori. The DIva Cup is the best fem-product invention EVER!

I used to get the worst cramps. I mean the type that you are doubled over, rolling on the ground. moaning in agony for 5 days type. When I was a teen, they told me the only way was to regulate me with BC... I told them no and just lived with the fact that I only had 3 good weeks a month and I lived on chocolate and advil during my time. Right after I discovered the Diva Cup, I realized that I no longer was suffering from the cramps. Other friends I know who "cup it" say the same thing. Hmmmm maybe all those chemicals might not be so good for a woman....
Huh, I may have to find those cup things, I've never heard of them before. All through the teen years I had what leome was describing, so it's worth a try!
Yeah, I don't menstrate anymore, so it's not an issue, but when I did cups and tampons didn't work for me anyway (tilted pelvis).  Also having anything in there made cramping that much worse.

As for easier to deal with...how do you handle dumping the cup on public bathrooms?  Or dealing with not "dripping" clots of blood everywhere while washing it out?  (yes, this did happen when I tried it)
It's a wonder that this thread isn't in the women's room yet.