Reusable toilet paper
OCLittleFlower Wrote:Yeah, I don't menstrate anymore, so it's not an issue, but when I did cups and tampons didn't work for me anyway (tilted pelvis).  Also having anything in there made cramping that much worse.

As for easier to deal with...how do you handle dumping the cup on public bathrooms?  Or dealing with not "dripping" clots of blood everywhere while washing it out?  (yes, this did happen when I tried it)

You dump them in the toilet. Don't wash them in a public restroom; wait until you get home, it won't hurt you. Carry baby wipes in your purse to clean your fingers or any drippage.

If you have a messy cup at home and are worried about the floor, just empty it in the toilet and blot it with a piece of TP before taking it to the sink.
Satori Wrote:
OCLittleFlower Wrote:Yeah, I don't menstrate anymore, so it's not an issue, but when I did cups and tampons didn't work for me anyway (tilted pelvis).  Also having anything in there made cramping that much worse.

As for easier to deal with...how do you handle dumping the cup on public bathrooms?  Or dealing with not "dripping" clots of blood everywhere while washing it out?  (yes, this did happen when I tried it)

You dump them in the toilet. Don't wash them in a public restroom; wait until you get home, it won't hurt you. Carry baby wipes in your purse to clean your fingers or any drippage.

If you have a messy cup at home and are worried about the floor, just empty it in the toilet and blot it with a piece of TP before taking it to the sink.

Yeah seeing blood pour like that I would faint.  No doubt.  But I was refering to blood dripping out of the person while they deal with the cup.

Then again, you did specify "normal" which my periods never were. 
OCLittleFlower Wrote:But I was refering to blood dripping out of the person while they deal with the cup.

Then again, you did specify "normal" which my periods never were. 

Mine were always pretty normal, and this would be an issue for me too. I'd have to use a pad or equivalent while I was cleaning the cup out or I'd be cleaning two messes. :(
Girls, you got bigger problems than mess if your flow's that heavy!

Would it help if you stuffed a handful of toily paper in place and waddled to the sink? If it's worse than that, I suggest you see a doctor, Mommie!  

Actually, the cup is supposed to help you bleed less, but you obviously have a more serious issue, Littleflower.
Satori Wrote:Girls, you got bigger problems than mess if your flow's that heavy!

Would it help if you stuffed a handful of toily paper in place and waddled to the sink? If it's worse than that, I suggest you see a doctor, Mommie!  

Actually, the cup is supposed to help you bleed less, but you obviously have a more serious issue, Littleflower.

Yeah, I've been to a doctor and it's been dealt with.  Took nearly five years to get one doc to listen to what was going on.  I was still living at home at the time and I was like "mom, if you don't do something I'll starve myself because I heard that if you do your period stops and I can't live with this pain anymore."  It was difficult for her to understand because she had been very issue free.  Several doctors later, I was put into chemical menopause (with the permission and support of my confessor)when I was 18 after 8 years of suffering.  It was either that or full hysterctomy.
I have a very heavy flow too and I never wash it out in public either. I also don't empty it in public unless I have to. It is a quick process and then you don't have to worry about what to do with the pad and such. :puke:

I have been told that my uterus is tilted also and have never had a problem using the cup.. I guess you need to find what works for you on this matter.

Another thing women with the hard-core cramps may want to look into is that many women I know the washable menstrual pads (I know a woman who makes them for herself) also elevates cramps. I am a strong believer that the chemicals in the pads cause a lot of these problems for us woman. E'sC is bad enough...why make it worst?
Satori Wrote:Actually, the cup is supposed to help you bleed less, but you obviously have a more serious issue, Littleflower.

How in the world would having a cup as opposed to a pad help you bleed any less? :hmmm:
Mommie2Boys Wrote:
Satori Wrote:Actually, the cup is supposed to help you bleed less, but you obviously have a more serious issue, Littleflower.

How in the world would having a cup as opposed to a pad help you bleed any less? :hmmm:

I don't know for sure, but this is commonly heard from women who use the cup (and cloth pads). Part of it may be that the material in conventional pads and tampons is designed to suck up moisture, and it may suck up too much. Part of it could be the body's reaction to the chemicals in conventional products.

I'm so sorry, LittleFlower. That's rough. I'm glad you feel better now, though.
I have not found that I bleed less but then again, with the pad, I never knew how much (we will leave it at that).

What I love about my cup is that it is made out of medical grade silicone and it holds, not absorbs. We have NO idea what our fem products are made with and the companies do not have to list the ingredients on the box. Why would you want some nameless chemical that can hold 5 times it weight by your body in such personal areas. I don't use fem sprays, powders or creams because I think the chemicals might not be a good thing for your body and fertility...why would I then buy something that is marketed to deal with my dirty, nasty, cycle... so I can have a "happy period"... Blah!

I know this sounds like I am an ubber-feminist, earthmoon momma. I am not at all. I am just sick of these companies telling me my period is a medical condition or dirty or something to be ashamed of. We have options ladies!!!! Reusable TP is not an option for me people but washable pads are... I do not trust companies with my reproductive health...

I could care less if it is filling our land fills or not. I don't want that crap by me! Sorry for the rant. This is a pet peeve of mine. More women need to know that cloth pads are really comfy and convenient. There are patterns all over the internet.

My favorite new addition to the world of Maxi's is the quiet wrapping so the woman in the stall next yo you has no idea that you actually have a period... What the H@%# is that!

Leome, would you agree that the cup is a lot more comfortable than tampons?