15 yr old girl savegely beat in cell by cops with vid
been a while since we had a cop crossing the line kinda thread.
so here is this one warning graphic!

i dont know what excuse was given for this beat down but phew!

The police clearly overstepped his bounds, obviously.

While we don't know what the girl was saying, I can't think of anything that would justify that violent an action. And to beat someone twice when they're already down on the ground - that's just unbelievable.
The two officers should be fired and sued by the family.  That degree of violence is totally unnecessary even if she was a 200 pound man.  Pinned down and still getting punched!  If she was my daughter I would be the next one in jail.
I'm sure she was a little angel, and it was a travesty of justice that she was arrested in the first place.

Based on what we are able to see, yeah the force was absolutely beyond reasonable and excessive. 

But based on we are unable to see or hear, we are unable to make informed judgments. 
michaelangeli Wrote:I'm sure she was a little angel, and it was a travesty of justice that she was arrested in the first place.

The reason she was arrested is totally irrelevant. That's not the issue addressed in the video. If she committed a crime, she should indeed have been arrested.
Wow. I've been pursuing a career in law enforcement for quite some time and usually present the other side of the story that isn't shown on the news - basically, I try to take the side of the police when I can - but I have to say, there is absolutely no premise for this jailhouse justice.

We can most likely all agree the girl probably deserved it, but the police don't enact justice, the judicial system does (if you consider it justice at all). That assualt was competely unwarranted and the assaulting deputy should lose his job and be convicted of assault.

However, I am opposed to the exclusive posting of videos that present only a negative side of any organization. If we're posting negative videos only to create bias, this can be dangerous. We'll be more likely to presuppose malicious intent by the police if all we see are negative videos. The "police save baby" or "police rescue man from burning car" videos rarely make the news. When the media presents only negative images of the Church (which has been happening more and more), we all scream foul - it's political propaganda.

Ok, I'm off my soap box now.

May God bless us all!
michaelangeli Wrote:I'm sure she was a little angel, and it was a travesty of justice that she was arrested in the first place.

Based on what we are able to see, yeah the force was absolutely beyond reasonable and excessive.

But based on we are unable to see or hear, we are unable to make informed judgments.

I highly doubt it. A teenage girl is not a match for multiple police officers, unless she has something (weapons) to compensate for her lesser physical strength. And any such weapons would have been detected and taken from her. So there is no conceivable reason for her to be attacked.

Maybe I'm wrong, though. Maybe you can think of some scenario where she was a threat to them. I would like to hear it.
Stephanos Wrote:

The reason she was arrested is totally irrelevant. That's not the issue addressed in the video. If she committed a crime, she should indeed have been arrested.

Dear Stephanos,

of course you are right.  My point was that I agree that from what we were able to see, yes, the force used was beyond reasonable and excessive.

But we don't know all the circumstances surrounding the apparent beating, based solely on this video snippet.

Stephanos Wrote:

Of course, she could have been a twelve year old black girl in her yard who could easily been mistaken for the twentysomething white prostitute cops were instructed to arrest. (TX)

Or she could have been an absolute hellion who deserves jail time for mocking at her teachers online, (PA)

Or...
Schatz Wrote:

Based on what we are able to see, yeah the force was absolutely beyond reasonable and excessive.

I highly doubt it. A teenage girl is not a match for multiple police officers, unless she has something (weapons) to compensate for her lesser physical strength. And any such weapons would have been detected and taken from her. So there is no conceivable reason for her to be attacked.

Maybe I'm wrong, though. Maybe you can think of some scenario where she was a threat to them. I would like to hear it.

Of course you are correct, and no, I am not able to think of some scenario where she was a threat to the officers.

However, based solely on what we are able to see on this video snippet, I would reserve judgment.

However, yes, I agree based solely on what we've seen that the forced used was excessive.