15 yr old girl savegely beat in cell by cops with vid
This should be required viewing for all lippy teenagers.  I am sure she will think twice before mouthing off and kicking her shoe at authorities again.
Yes, this guy is a real hero.

Quote:The video record documents that after the assault the girl, who understandably had difficulty breathing, required medical treatment. Officer Schene described the treatment as necessary to deal with a "panic attack," a dishonest way of describing the reaction of a traumatized teenage girl to being gang-beaten by two adult males.
The video was discovered weeks later by a detective assigned to investigate the auto theft. Schene has been charged with fourth-degree assault, a gross misdemeanor with a maximum penalty of one year in jail.
Several years ago, Schene shot and killed an unarmed, mentally disturbed man following a traffic stop that degenerated into a "knock-down, drag-out" fight. The shooting was ruled "justifiable." Shortly after that incident, he was stopped for driving under the influence (apparently of prescription medication). He was given a deferred sentence and placed on probation, so that he could continue to bless the people of King County with his singular professionalism.

William Grigg
www.lewrockwell.com

Well let's pray they cut him from their pay role. In these troubled times, we need police, not criminals. But, so long as there are people, and many of those people are bad, and police are people, then it follows that many of those police will be bad, too. The worse people become, the same subsequently follows for all professions in which there are people, including priests - as we see today. The devil thinks he's won; boy isn't he in for a surprise!
TheTalentedMisterR,

I'm afraid that if you substituted the officer's name and the circumstances with Bishop Williamson's name and circumstances, the objectivity of the reporting you quoted becomes a little clearer.

I'm of the opinion--noone needs to share my opinion-- that judgments should be made objectively, and not subjectively.

This is not to be taken as a defense of the officer's actions, only a reservation of judgment based on what we know from the video.
michaelangeli Wrote:TheTalentedMisterR,

I'm afraid that if you substituted the officer's name and the circumstances with Bishop Williamson's name and circumstances, the objectivity of the reporting you quoted becomes a little clearer.

I'm of the opinion--noone needs to share my opinion-- that judgments should be made objectively, and not subjectively.

This is not to be taken as a defense of the officer's actions, only a reservation of judgment based on what we know from the video.

Follow the link.  This cop has a pattern of violent behaviour.  I realize the guy who wrote that bit was biased, but that doesn't change the facts of what happened.
Quote:I'm of the opinion--noone needs to share my opinion-- that judgments should be made objectively, and not subjectively.

Your objectivity is admirable. I would say the same. However, if this video was all I had as evidence, I wouldn't hesitate to convict the assaulting officer. There's always the chance that she threatened his friend's safety, him, or that of his children, but unlikely. We can't all play armchair judges. We have enough of those in the news media.

Based solely on the video, however, it is a completely unjustified assault. And that's coming from someone who almost always defends the police.
TheTalentedMisterR,

*gasp*

No offense, but your avatar is absolutely disgusting. I think I almost blacked-out...
The cop must have known the inside of the cells was videoed.  Therefore whatever she said to him to make him angry he cleary has a temper that overwhelmed his common sense and self-preservation instinct, since logically he knew he was being filmed inside that cell.  Not a desireable feature in a cop who carries a gun.

People need to think before they act, especially cops.  For that reason alone he should be moved to a desk job, before he loses his temper and shoots someone.

Thought this was applicable to this discussion...

Policeman's Prayer to Saint Michael:

Saint Michael, Heaven's glorious Commissioner of Police, who once so neatly and successfully cleared God's promises of all its undesirables, look with kindly and professional eye on your earthly force.

Give us cool heads, stout hearts, hard punches, an uncanny flair for investigation and wise judgment.

Make us the terror of burglars, the friend of children and law-abiding citizens, kind to strangers, polite to bores, strict with law-breakers and impervious to temptations.

You know, Saint Michael, from your own experience with the devil that the policeman's lot on earth is not always a happy one; but your sense of duty that so pleased God, your hard knocks that so surprised the devil, and your angelic self-control give us inspiration.

And when we lay down our night sticks, enroll us in your Heavenly force, where we will be as proud to guard the throne of God as we have been to guard the city of men. Amen.
It is a good prayer. The hard punches were not needed in the abovementioned case; the wise judgment was what lacked there; but sometimes force is necessary and just, and whoever wrote this prayer obviously saw that.