North or South Dakota Trads
Anyone else out there from my neck of the woods?
At the moment, I'm not; but I have been contemplating a move to the Bismarck/Mandan area.  Are you in central ND?
Nope, I'm on the east end in Fargo.  Bismarck is a really nice city, though.  Be prepared for winter[Image: snowflake.gif][Image: snowflake.gif][Image: snowflake.gif](We just got close to 9 inches of snow dumped on us between Monday and Tuesday.)
No worries.  Actually, I'm looking forward to the snow and cold weather.  I dunno... perhaps my body's "internal thermostat" has changed with age?  [Image: shrug.gif]  

Well, regardless of the reason, I just don't tolerate well the overly-warm weather in SoCal anymore.
Andreas, I think your body's "internal thermostat" has gone nuts!
[Image: laff.gif]  You very well may be right, katoliko.

But me and "the heat" just don't see eye-to-eye anymore.
AndreasAngelopolitanus Wrote:But me and "the heat" just don't see eye-to-eye anymore.

You'll do fine up here in the winter then. :)  We've gone from - 17 a couple of days ago (not counting the wind chill that makes it feel colder) to 25 degrees above today. It's suppose to be in the 30's next week.  [Image: cheerleader.gif]

In the summer it can get into the 80's and 90's and humid.  Go figure (I'm still trying to figure why I still live here.)

Weather aside, I really like this area.  It's small enough so it feels like a small town.  Big enough so you can find something to do, as well.
Joamy Wrote:In the summer it can get into the 80's and 90's and humid.

"Humidity" is another thing I'm not too keen about during the summer.  Here in L.A. last summer, practically the whole month of July was triple-digit temperatures and high humidity!  The other months weren't much better, either.  I was miserable, to say the least.  

From what I gather, the humidity in ND decreases the further west you are; hence, my interest in Mandan ("Where the West Begins") and such...  [Image: wink.gif]
You should check out Medora on the really far western end of ND.  They have an awesome musical and such every summer.

Bismarck/Mandan is really a lovely town and you may be right about the humidity there.  I live close enough to the lakes region of Minnesota to get what I call "lake effect humidity."  Generally speaking, if you have a good Air Conditioner around here in the summer - you should do just fine. Another good thing is that you'd only be about 4 hours away from those lovely lakes in Minnesota - lots of good resorts.

Joamy Wrote:You should check out Medora on the really far western end of ND.  They have an awesome musical and such every summer.

All well and good... but what would I do for Mass?

Perhaps there will be more alternatives in the future; but as it stands now, the TLM is offered twice a month in Mandan--and I'm willing to make the 3-hour drive to Fargo on those Sundays when it isn't.  But the Medora-to-Fargo commute would be a bit too much for me.  Despite all my bellyaching about hot weather [Image: wink.gif] , any relocation I may make is going to be primarily influenced by the availability of the Mass.