Yummy!
Quote:I've been eating too many carbs

Check out my post in this same board called What Shall We Eat?

Pinoy Monk
Sophia Wrote:I'm not usually much of a meat person, but boy with this pregnancy, I have been craving it like crazy! 

It must be a boy!

Quote:Boy has this morning sickness been with a vengeance this time!

I've read that vitamin B6 and small, frequent protein-filled snacks are supposed to help (sounds like you've got the protein part down!). Also, mint or ginger tea (this last is good for motion sickness or any nausea, they say:

Ginger Tea

Peel a 2 inch piece of fresh ginger root and then slice the ginger thin. Bring 4 cups of water in a saucepan to a boil. Add the ginger, cover, reduce heat, and simmer on low for 15 or 20 minutes. Add lemon or honey if you want

Quote:
My craving reminds me of the story of Rapunzel whose mother craved rampion so much that she wasted away to nothing because she couldn't have it, and her poor dear husband risked his life, and the life of his unborn child to get it from the witch's garden. 

OK, you made me look up rampion!  In case I'm not the only one, here's what I found:

Quote: Rampion -- Campanula rapunculus L.1

Rampion is a biennial plant grown as an annual vegetable for its leaves and roots. Rampion, a native of Britain, was once used much more widely than it appears to be today. It is occasionally grown in Florida gardens. Elsewhere, rampion is grown in Europe, Asia, and Africa in addition to some areas in the United States.

DESCRIPTION AND USE

Rampion leaves are entire and long-oval in shape, 6 inches or more in length. They form a rosette at the root crown. The roots are up to 1 foot long, slender, and white. Roots may be cooked or eaten raw, as are some forms of radish, and the tops may be eaten raw in salads or as a cooked green. An old recipe suggests the roots should be boiled and stewed with butter and oil and sprinkled with black pepper. The flavor is more sweet and nutty than radishes. The roots often are scraped before using and stored in the refrigerator for later use.
Interesting!
Montreal_Marisa Wrote:Your husband orders the pizza?!?!?  [Image: eek.gif]  I don't remember the last time my hubby ordered anything.  Next you're going to tell me that your husband cooks on the grill too!  [Image: laff.gif]  (As you may have guessed, mine doesn't)

Well, we don't have a grill, so I can't say. But his brother, and my sister's husband are grill masters, like Adoramuste's husband. I thought most men loved that sort of thing. Isn't it strange how the same man who wouldn't touch a pan in the kitchen loves to cook outside?

BTW, grilled turkey sounds tasty!
Grilling is one "guy" thing that my husband has down.  He really enjoys that- and I enjoy his meals, even though I usually prepare the side dishes.

Vitamin B6- I'd forgotten about that.  I'll have to try it but I always forget to take the darn things. 

Ginger- there is ginger in Chai tea- which is my only source of caffeine right now since the very smell of coffee (poetic justice) turns my stomach.  I should try adding a little extra to it- maybe crystallized?

Ginger is also in spicy Thom Kha Khai- that must be why it settled in my tummy so well.[Image: gimmefood.gif]

There is nothing which can equal the splendor of a sirloin steak, grilled to perfection, medium-rare, on a weber kettle. It's even better when you are the one who does the grilling.

If I can't do that, I'd rather cook inside than experiment with the grill. My grandfather was a chef, so I suppose I come by it naturally...