SAN ANTONIO - where can I buy a veil?
Satori Wrote:Oooh, HK, so pretty!! (The veils, not you.)

Orthodox Jewish women seem to be so much better at modesty than Catholics. I mean, their stores actually sell things that look nice, whereas we get bloomers, jumpers, and triangles of stiff, toilet-white polyester lace. What's up with that?

LOL! Yeah, they look almost fashionable and Trads start to look Amish. :laughing:
Mommie2Boys Wrote:

Orthodox Jewish women seem to be so much better at modesty than Catholics. I mean, their stores actually sell things that look nice, whereas we get bloomers, jumpers, and triangles of stiff, toilet-white polyester lace. What's up with that?

LOL! Yeah, they look almost fashionable and Trads start to look Amish. :laughing:

I think part of it is that the Orthodox Jewish rules for modesty allow for more fitted clothes than a lot of traddies would wear.  And when you wear things that are really oversized, you start to look sloppy and blob-ish.  Orthodox Jewish women also get to wear shorter skirts (they just have to cover the knees) as long as they wear opaque tights.
ErinIsNice Wrote:
Mommie2Boys Wrote:

I think part of it is that the Orthodox Jewish rules for modesty allow for more fitted clothes than a lot of traddies would wear.  And when you wear things that are really oversized, you start to look sloppy and blob-ish.  Orthodox Jewish women also get to wear shorter skirts (they just have to cover the knees) as long as they wear opaque tights.
True. They also don't have the conservative Christian attachment to dressing like your favorite quilt. 
I could send you my old one. I don't wear it anymore.