Number of Priests Increase
That's good news for the Novus Ordo, they're really short of presiders these days. [Image: huh.gif]
cunctas_haereses Wrote:That's good news for the Novus Ordo, they're really short of presiders these days. [Image: huh.gif]

Oh, come on. Once the SSPX will have been regularised, one third of seminarians in France (for instance) will be in traditionalist seminaries, and that proportion will no doubt continue to increase; as for the diocesan seminarians, they are more and more traditionally inclined these days.
In our local Novus Ordo parishes there has been a steady stream of priests from Africa. (mostly Nigeria and Uganda). As with any "crop" of new priests there have been "very good" ones and a few bad ones. Most are much more reverent than existing local priests.

One of the local priests is very upset with several of our young men who elected to go to a Dominican or Franciscan Order. I asked him "why are you upset?" He said because the Bishop can't count them in his numbers for the Diocese.

My next question to him was "why would any young man want to be a Diocesan priest when the Orders, generally speaking, are much more dedicated?".

The priest hasn't spoken to me since and that was three years ago.